back to article Bangalore's home state takes aim at tech manufacturing

Karnataka, the Indian state that includes the IT hub of Bangalore, has announced several new initiatives planned to enhance the state's technology businesses. Outlined last week by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, the new initiatives will see a new Indian Institute of Information Technology, a University dedicated to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. frank ly

Re: Bangalore Chore

I was talking on the phone to one of those last week. He told me his name was Tipu though he had an obvious Birmingham accent. Oh, wait a minute, my cousin lives in Birmingham and he has a son called Tipu who would be about 22 now ..........., bloody outsourcing.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where are the...

... usual whiners? Why is UK sending peanuts to India (read: financial aid) when they are wasting money on setting up cyber cafes and colleges... oh wait, that doesn't quite sound right, does it? Well who cares, I am anon.

3. Why Not?
    Unhappy

Hmm :

$US18m (Rs.100 crore) has been found to back an electronics system design and manufacturing policies aimed bringing such businesses to the State in the hope they will provide new jobs for youth.

That plan will help the State achieve its ambition of doubling the number of tech-related jobs to two million by 2020 and tripling exports.

so if they can do that for $18 a job and triple exports for less than the NHS spend on paperclips so easily what are our government doing?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like