back to article Yahoo! strikes! display! ad! deal! with! boss's! old! boss! Google!

Yahoo! has inked a contextual advertising deal with Google, the financial terms of which were kept secret. The move comes as ties between the Purple Palace and the Chocolate Factory have grown closer in the months since Marissa Mayer - one-time senior Google darling - took to the helm of Yahoo!. Its agreement with Google is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robin

Squids-in

There's that word 'inked' again.

Trusty old Cambridge dictionary is still holding out.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Exclamatory inheritance

Somehow the final exclamation mark in the headline feels wrong. It's difficult to put my finger on, but Google inheriting Yahoo!'s trademark punctuation is a step too far. I of course defer to the headline writing soviet's wisdom in the matter.

Maybe in future, in an effort to keep things fair, whenever Google and Yahoo! appear in the same headline Yahoo!'s lettering could appear in googlicious multicolours?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Exclamatory inheritance

I wonder if the terminal exclamation mark was there by grammatical necessity, unlike all the others, thus appearing the odd exclamation mark out? I fully endorse your googlicious multicolours motion but wonder if, in that case, the headline would need to be terminated with a pair of exclamation marks?

Naturally I defer to the wisdom of the headline writing soviet.

3. deadlockvictim

and so the takeover begins...

Will we need a new name for the two soon — Yoogle! perhaps.

Like the fact that a watch or car combined with a computer is essentially a computer, so any smaller company working with Google becomes essentially Google. Is Yahoo! + Google = Google?

1. robert_raw

Re: and so the takeover begins...

Yagoo! ???

2. frank ly

Googoo, Gahgoo, Goohoo, ...?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Goohoo!

+1

(The exclamation mark being imperative, of course)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like