back to article Google ducks angry authors

Google gave a keynote speech to the biggest global gathering of authors' societies today. The internet advertising giant is embroiled in several areas of copyright litigation. Publishers and authors object to its mass scanning project, Google Books. News agencies and publishers have sued it over its use of links and excerpts in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars

Ask a Silly Question... get a Sappy Answer.:-)

"Parlez-vous Klingon?"

Romulan actually, and IT is a Better Beta..... 42 Kick Klingon Ass.

"While Sergei Brin was doing yoga on the floor, waiting for the next meeting to start." ...... What do you expect..he's only just a bright kid being taken for a ride on the backs of ITs phish pharmers.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

I beg your pardon ?

"the wisdom of crowds"

Say what ? Crowds, wisdom, Wikipedia ? Somebody had better tell the kid that Wiki has bombed. Even some of the former founders have declared that Wikipedia will never be totally reliable - unless you're interested in learning Klingon, of course.

As for me, I'll take a library over a snob-edited website any day. In a library, I know that books are organized by someone who spent years learning just what organization is and how it's done, not like that travesty of an encyclopedia where true experts are trounced by losers whose only merit is to have more time to comment on the site.

There is a long way to go before crowds have wisdom, and given the state of American education at this time, I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: I beg your pardon ?

Don't hold your breath. Read the book instead.

4. Dillon Pyron

Long Tail?

Would someone explain "Long Tail" to me?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like