back to article Fed confirms but downplays Anonymous Super Bowl banker hack

The US Federal Reserve has admitted that its systems were hacked during Sunday's Super Bowl, a breach that led to the leaking of personal data on hundreds of US banking executives. The breach allowed hacktivist ragtag collective Anonymous to post the names, email addresses, mobile phone numbers and login credentials (password …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mike 68

Sad lack of hip-hop knowledge

That's obviously the Roc diamond, ie her husband's record label logo.

Must be off, I'm way behind in my mackin' and representin'

1. jai

Re: Sad lack of hip-hop knowledge

yes, that's what they _want_ you to think

but it's cunning the way that the silver top of the microphone, round like an eye, sits in the middle of the pyramid shape

and lets not forget, Destiny's Child was originally 3 people, then Beyonce left, leaving 2 behind. and 2 plus 3 = 5

and what did this superbowl performance take place in? 2013. 2 0 1 3. or 2 + 1 = 3 or "the other two" plus "Beyonce" = "Destiny's Child"

there's no escaping the numerology of it, numbers do not lie.

time to face facts: the eschaton is about to be immanentized whether we like it or not

<fnord>

</another afternoon of consuming too much sugar to keep me awake until going home time/>

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Jai - I can only assume that you are an agent of the knights Templar, and your post is designed as a double bluff.

1. Rampant Spaniel

The Illuminati?

The only club Bouncey is less likely to be a member of is Mensa.

2. Fibbles

When the symbol of your preferred imaginary nefarious organization / convenient scapegoat for all of society's ills is a basic geometric shape, it should come as no surprise that it can be seen everywhere. I've tried explaining confirmation bias to some of these people. It was a wasted 20 minutes.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. wowfood

Translation

"The Federal Reserve system is aware that information was obtained by exploiting a temporary vulnerability in a website vendor product," a spokeswoman told Reuters on Tuesday. "Exposure was fixed shortly after discovery and is no longer an issue. This incident did not affect critical operations of the Federal Reserve system."

Translates to

We were using outdated software, (either old version of apache / ISS or an unpatched CMS which had been slightly modified) which we hadn't bothered to update because we're too lazy. But since they now know that we've updated to the earliest version that fixed that particular flaw. We still aren't up to date though since that'd be a bigger change and involve more effort.

1. nexsphil

Re: Translation

I know these Fed guys are super rich & powerful, but using the ISS as a webserver? That's just taking the piss.

1. wowfood

Re: Translation

IIS

>.>

But now that you mention it... The space station would be a pretty secure location to keep their most top secret data.

4. ukgnome
    Black Helicopters

Aww Heck!

I never suspected Beyonce as a lizard from the lower forth dimension. Damn you Ike, damn you to .......erm wherever you would consider hell - presumably a dimension that opposes the colour turquoise and feeds off concentrated misery that has been harnessed by a network of needles and obelisks.

5. koolholio
    Alien

Echelon Conspiracy

Did any of you watch it?

IIS is the only webserver i know of.

6. JDX Gold badge

So the conclusion we reach is...

...that computer nerds don't watch the SuperBowl. Who knew?

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    Trollface

Super Bowl?

What?

Oh riiiight, it's sport isn't it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Super Bowl?

Where I come from it's larger than usual and packed and fresh! Mmmmm! Tasty!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Super Bowl?

here, its rather resinous and smells strongly of the mephitidae family

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Whackjobs, the bunch

ASSnonymous is rushing to get to prison as soon as they can. Beyonce is a typical brainless bimbo being highly paid to entertain the braindead.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The good news...

...is that more ASSnonymous members are now headed for an extended prison visit.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

so if they're upset at copyright

why not hack the Hollywood producers and record company execs who hired the lawyers, paid for the politicians that created and enforce the laws that led to Swartz's death? Why not leak the senators and congressmen who voted for these rules? The lawyers that profit from it? the overzealous federal employees who make careers from appeasing Hollywood and the big record company cartels so they can get a lucrative job offer after retirement?

Going after the guys that hold the money is like curing a cold by stuffing plugs up your nose.

It would take a paradigm shift- a realization that the CA democrats and liberal politicians kids like Anonymous love are the ones who created the situations they claim to oppose. The Feinsteins and Boxers kids are told to practically worship are the "leaders" behind the real, actual suppression of knowledge they've been trying to tell you "the other side" was doing.

But that would be biting the hand that feeds them, I strongly suspect. Useful idiots make for really good shields to hide the work of professionals.

How deep down the rabbit hole are YOU willing to go? :P

This topic is closed for new posts.