back to article Cisco revs up Nexus switches to 40GE with fresh ASICs

Cisco has vowed to push 40GE Ethernet switches into the mainstream while also improving its 10GE/40GE Nexus boxes. The transition to 10GE networking is well under way, and the convergence of server and storage traffic onto switches continues apace, albeit at a slower rate than Cisco Systems had hoped. Despite this, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. A Non e-mouse Silver badge
    Unhappy

Please Cisco, Juniper, et al, can we have some lower-end 10Gb/s switches ?

1. justincormack
      Happy

low end

Netgear have http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/10/9/netgear-announces-new-10gbe-switches.aspx so more should start to arrive soon,

2. RonWheeler
    FAIL

Latency

Stick a few Cisco switches together with their wonderful interface-specific block-first logic Spend s41tloads - make your network crawl. Bandwidth is vanity - latency is what people notice. And I'm talking to you too cloud providers.

1. P_

Re: Latency

Ron,

Would you mind explaining a bit more about your comment "interface-specific block-first logic", please? I do LAN and DC work but I've not come across this before and it sounds interesting </geek>

TIA.

3. Aboriginal

Promisware

Why so many ...release end of first half this year, after second quarter, end of century, whateva? Products not ready at all? Cisco peeing in the pants when Arista just delivers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like