back to article Samsung's squillionaire supremo scuttles siblings' shares snatch

Samsung chairman Lee Kun-Hee has won a lawsuit against his brother and sister to keep control of the electronics leviathan. The victory in a battle over stock ownership means Lee, son of Samsung founder Lee Byung-Chull, will keep $3.7bn (£2.5n) in Sammy shares: a controlling stake in the company. The chairman faced three …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Silverburn

Samsung chairman Lee Kun-Hee has won a lawsuit against his brother and sister to keep control of the electronics leviathan

Normally, we just make snide remarks over xmas dinner until someone storms out crying and the last one sitting at the table is the one who gets the last portion of cake. But hey ho, each to their own.

2. gskr
    Pint

Didn't even read the article - but had to post a kudos for the alliteration overload in the title.

1. jai

fantastic!

it's only the first of February and we have a firm favourite for Best Alliterative Headline of 2013 !!!

well played!!!

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

:-)

Good to see it's appreciated!

C.

2. Frumious Bandersnatch

Ditto. If only they could have fitted "squabbling" in there too (to go with squillionaire) it would have been perfect.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just the usual...

Shamsung shenanigans then!

They do like suing don't they? They should just rename it Samsuing.

4. ratfox
    Meh

I wonder if power struggles in North Korea are this bloody

Reading the article, you would think this guy is the king of South Korea.

1. Silverburn

Re: I wonder if power struggles in North Korea are this bloody

When you pretty much own samsung, you probably are.

5. IT Hack
    Pint

And all through an amusement park. Hilarious.

http://dawn.com/2013/02/01/samsung-electronics-chairman-wins-4-billion-court-feud-over-family-fortune/

Everland being the amusement park....

Pint coz yes...they have pubs on site.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Missed trick

Given the sisters name and the value of the shares my title would have been "Samsung - Sook-Hee Sook-Hee $3.7 billliiion Dollars!!"

7. Zilla

presidential pardon

He got a presidential pardon FFS after being convicted of fraud.

What chance did his siblings have of getting any money out of him, clearly he's got friends in high places.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Korean version of Steve Jobs?

Am I seeing a pattern here? Steve Jobs hid the Atari bonus from Steve Wozniak and Lee Kun-Hee hid stock shares from his siblings.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like