back to article Muslim vid protest hackers turn web-flood hosepipe away from US banks

Islamist hackers busy blasting bank websites with network traffic have suspended their assault after a controversial anti-Muslim video ceased to be available through YouTube. The Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Cyber Fighters crew launched a series of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks in September and December, with the stated …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Personally I'm sick to death of world+dog trying to tell me what I can look at, say and do

1. Sir Barry
      Joke

Did you get permission to type that?

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
        Angel

@ Sir Barry

Yes.

It appears the supreme being has taken on the form of a large beach pebble that sits on my desk (with various papers underneath that it is examining).

I always ask if it objects to any important actions I'm planning to take. It has never demurred, so I know I am doing the right thing and am (apparently) never wrong.

PS. have an upvote to compensate for the downvote you got from some humorless individual.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Megaphone

I am sick to death of other religions trying to impose their often twisted views of religion onto others.

If you want to abide by some quite frankly way off the reservation religions then do so, just do it in peace and do not try to impose it on me. Yes that goes for you too Jehovah witnesses.

1. Fihart

@ Jim Booth

Recommended response to religious loonies: "Sorry mate, don't share your superstition"

3. Jim Carter

Agreed.

My life, my business.

2. El Presidente
    Facepalm

Appeasement

Didn't work in the 30s ..

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. adnim

We really

Shouldn't criticise such caring and tolerant religions.

I am not surprised that proponents, supporters, believers of/in Islamic fundamentalism are angry.

How would you like your actions and beliefs to be exposed for what they actually are?

</sarcasm>

Who is to blame if a person cannot see beyond their indoctrination?

1. El Presidente
      Unhappy

Re: We really

"Who is to blame if a person cannot see beyond their indoctrination?"

Madrassas. OFSTED. The Police. Gubmint ...

Everyone is ultimately collectively responsible but the real finger pointing won't start until it's beyond too late.

Sad icon because, well, you know.

5. Dave 15

bring back the crusades

It appears we have a major problem now. We have UK women standing around demanding Islamic law in the UK, we have no go areas in our cities for non-muslims, women being hounded in central London for not being covered up, no alcolhol on these muslim street signs in the capital, we have them dictating what media can have (from cartoons which to be honest were bloody accurate to youtube videos), we have them telling us what we can and can't do - while at the same time demanding compensation for being asked questions when they've been shooting our soldiers, demanding money, arms and other interventions in the middle east.

To be honest we should help in Syria - we should help the government regain control. Similarly we should replace the current regime in Egypt.

To be honest, the UK is (whether they like it or not) historically vaguely Christian, largely agnostic. If they don't like that then they are welcome to leave and move to a muslim country - there are plenty of them.

I am not a guy that usually gives a damn about what other people do - whether they are homosexuals, religious nutters, stupid politicians even rude ignorant bankers don't bother me, but I am finally getting sick of this.

1. Chewy

Re: bring back the crusades

Um it didn't work out well for the Christians last time did it?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Mmm, but they didn't turn up with Apache gunships.

Not that I'm advocating it. Just saying that the military balance was more even then.

2. taxman

Ni

6. ratfox
    Angel

I would assume the reason they did not DDOS YouTube…

Is that they don't have enough resources for it. Considering the onslaught of viewers all over the globe looking for cat videos, it must be hard to make a dent.

1. IglooDude
      Joke

Re: I would assume the reason they did not DDOS YouTube…

Either that, or because while the DDOSers most certainly aren't using the various online banking resources, they didn't want to disrupt their regular viewing of those cat videos themselves.

7. Steen Hive
    Stop

Bollocks!

Keep your bloody sado-masochistic death-cults to yourselves. All of you.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I hope they catch all of the perps...

...and that they are hung by their thumbs or other parts of their anatomy - for 6 months, so they fully understand their poor decisions.

1. Jess--

Re: I hope they catch all of the perps...

religion is like a penis...

It's nice to have and can give you a great deal of pleasure, just don't start waving it around in public

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: I hope they catch all of the perps...

"religion is like a penis...

It's nice to have and can give you a great deal of pleasure, just don't start waving it around in public"

And don't shove it down my kid's throat.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Isn't there a simple solution to the whole affair? Just DDOS the hell out of any and all muslim-controlled banks whenever an anti-western or anti-jewish or anti-christian (etc) video crops up online. Oh, wait-that would mean half of Africa, Iran and the arabian peninsula as well as large parts of asia would be out of the economy. for a loooooooooong time.

10. veti Silver badge
    Happy

Remind me: when did nonviolent direct action become evil?

And thus we show that the basic premise behind their action was correct: their attack did make enough people care to get Google to do something about it.

To be honest, I can't see the problem with this. Sure, someone has the right to make this infantile 'trailer' (for a movie that was never going to be made, mind you), and they have every right to put it on YouTube. BUT by the same token, every Muslim in the world also has the right to make their feelings known about it, and to protest by whatever means they can get away with.

So long as no-one actually gets hurt or robbed, fair play to them. I have no problem at all with Google caving in to massive public pressure. Even if it is coming from TEH MOSLUM MENACETM!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Remind me: when did nonviolent direct action become evil?

It's not "massive public pressure". It's bullying by a tiny number of unrepresentative extremists.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like