back to article Microsoft builds observatory to spy on Earthlings' spectrum

Microsoft has launched its first European Spectrum Observatory, joining research efforts in Redmond, Seattle and Washington to work out which airwaves might be empty enough to exploit better. The observatory is in Microsoft's Cloud and Interoperability Centre and logs radio use across the spectrum. The logs can then be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Alpha Klutz

12 guage tin foil hat will be needed.

How do you expect my BRAIN to function in this radio wave soup? It's all part of DARPAs plan to turn us into robots

2. Crisp

There's a reason some of those spaces are white.

And a reason I don't want devices sitting in the 1420.40575177 MHz band.

3. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
    Alien

Microsoft Marketing Spokesdroid: Earthlings! We come in peace, to synergize your strategic objectives in a multi-platform holistic manner, leveraging stakeholder solutions to optimise each KPI.

Earthling: Wow! You almost speak our language.

Microsoft Marketing Spokesdroid: We learned English from your radio broadcasts. Which we have been scanning for years. Share and enjoy!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Maybe this is Microsoft's way....

Of making things up to the aliens from "Independence Day", after disasterously putting their whole colonization fleet on Windows 95?

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Happy

Re: Maybe this is Microsoft's way....

I thought the aliens were using Macs. Which is why they could be nobbled by one connected to their ship.

Clearly this led them to change tactics, and try to get control of some of our superior computing skills. Unfortunately, they seem to have infiltrated Microsoft...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like