back to article Reg Readers love their gadgets

2013 is only just beginning and already there's a ton of news surrounding the consumer tech markets. Samsung is riding a wave of success with Android based Galaxy smartphones. Apple is starting to struggle to meet expectations while Nokia seems to be on the cusp of turning things around. Even Microsoft has taken a firm step …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DuncanL

How many questions?...

Sorry - lost the will to live by the end of the phone section and gave up.

2. FanMan
    Facepalm

Zzzzzzzzzz.....

......who cares?

1. the-it-slayer
      Facepalm

Re: Zzzzzzzzzz.....

A lot of people care. I certainly do! Tech is changing at a blistering rate and I think 2013 is a good time to get a consensus to what people care about. Obviously it matters to El Reg as it'll shape their news content for the future.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Zzzzzzzzzz.....

'Changing at a blistering rate'. Sorry, but that's just what is not happening any more. Changes are all minor increments now. Nothing revolutionary or interesting left.

3. Joe 48

Also lost the will to live, made it to the tablet section before I gave up.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Even Microsoft has taken a firm step into hardware with its Surface brand."

If they had said, "A firm step into a deep pile of doggie doo with its Surface brand." I would have agreed more with this article.

5. SiempreTuna

Advertisers, Start Queuing Here!

.. can't see any other reason for that survey except something to wave under the nose of potential advertisers .. well, assuming other people answered very differently to me

6. joeW

Sorry guys

That's waaaay too long.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I made it to the TV section, but - jinkies, life's too short.

8. Vance P. Frickey

Look, can I just write an essay?

I've got two smartphones, both by htc, one runs Windows Phone, the other Android. Both are locked into Sprint, which means until I can come out of medical retirement with a gig that'll pay me to buy a Sprint data plan here, they're dormant and I use a Sanyo flip smart phone which uses Boost Mobile's proprietary system and fulfills all my needs as a grandpaw. My son Eric gave 'em all to me.

I don't anticipate getting a tablet, because 99 percent of my comms time is spent divided between two Dell laptops, a Latitude E6500 and a XPS340, both decent boxes for their time. I also own several other, older Dell lappies.

As far as "what do I do on them," don't know what's sadder, Second Life or the Reg. :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like