back to article Phone-hack saga: Cops cuff ex-health worker in pre-dawn swoop

A 59-year-old ex-healthcare worker was arrested today by cops probing allegations of bribes paid to public officials and police alongside an investigation into phone-hacking by journalists. The Met said its officers cuffed the suspect at about 6.30am at his home in the Knowsley area of Merseyside, and the property was searched …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You have to wonder how an organisation, News International, that was so clearly breaking the law is allowed to investigate itself. I suspect that the Management and Standards Committee are ensuring that only the little people get thown to the wolves, and are not passing on anything that incriminates the higher ups.

1. Chris007
      Terminator

agree with you chris

I'd be gobsmacked if anybody higher up the food chain than Rebecca Brooks is arrested never mind jailed. That £10m (or was it more) pay-off to Brooks was to ensure that it goes no further up and that she'll take the fall for it. If she is jailed than my guess is that within 12 months of her release she will have a job at a Murdoch paper in either the US or AUS

This topic is closed for new posts.