back to article What’s a computer? Eat yourself fitter!

Despite the saturation of oh-so-hilarious pre-Christmas comedy TV shows summing up the year before it has actually finished, January strikes me as the more logical time to do like Antony Worrall Thompson: have a good look around, take stock and move on. In December, we wallowed in the Olympics and something to do with Sgt Pepper …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. davefb
    Thumb Up

glitter and van damme?

and the Mighty Fall it would seem.

1. HummDrumm
      Unhappy

Re: glitter and van damme?

I was about to..

'Epic Fall'

2. wowfood

Holy crap

That's forking awesome, gotta get me one of those.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: Holy crap

It's based on sound theory and empirical evidence, but the implementation seems a inherently clumsy. The better way of moderating your eating speed is to alternate mouthfuls with a sip of wine and savour the flavours.

Only a few years back, it would take a French man twenty minutes to eat a MacDonalds meal, whereas it would take an American five minutes. This may have changed in recent years, where obesity is increasing in countries like France and Italy (though still short of the USA and the UK in second place). The body is like a warehosue- if a load of trucks arrive at once and their contents unloaded in a hurry, the warehouse is more likely to get untidy. Surface area is a factor as well, so finely ground wheat forces the body to ramp up insulin production more quickly than it would with more slowly absorbed courser grained cereal.

The only dedicated cutlery in our household is for my 8 month year old nephew for when he visits.

1. Darryl

Hang on

You're saying I'm supposed to eat a Big Mac with fine French wine and savour the flavour?

2. Naughtyhorse
        Joke

Re: Holy crap - The body is like a warehosue

but the goods inwards door is much bigger than the goods out door.

1. Mako

Re: Holy crap - The body is like a warehosue

I once saw a .JPG that suggested that this is not always necessarily true.

Hang on - I'll see if I can dig it out for you. I think the filename started with an 'H'...

3. Zack Mollusc
        WTF?

Re: Holy crap

Well, it would certainly alter my eating speed if i had to drink wine with my food. I would rush all the faster to get the ordeal over with.

Not sure how a big mac + wine has less calories than a big mac.

3. Kubla Cant

"David Bowie must be green with envy"

I think that's just make-up, isn't it?

4. Neil Woolford

Eidophor?

Eidophor projectors, with oil films and schlieren optics. Surely someone else remembers them...

5. Alistair Dabbs

The Fall

I admit, I was worried that my suggested headline would be changed by someone unacquainted with The Fall. But we're a cultured crew at The Register, despite our pretence at being yobs.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The Fall

Ah, that The Fall... as seen on the t-shirt of a barman near you. Thought you on about The Fall (2006) for a moment.

6. Andrew Moore

Welcome back Dabbsie...

You have been missed.

Actually electrowetting sounds like a great method for curing bed-wetting.

7. ian 22
    Happy

"Dark side of the moon"?

That'd make a brilliant album name innit!

1. Robert Forsyth

Re: "Dark side of the moon"?

There is no dark side, it's all dark.

8. xperroni
    Coat

Why, welcome back Alistair

Didn't think I'd miss your Friday bile, but there.

This topic is closed for new posts.