back to article AMD lawsuit claims spying ring took secrets to Nvidia

AMD is suing four former managers for intellectual property theft, claiming that they set up a spying ring within the company before jumping ship and joining its rival, Nvidia. "This is an extraordinary case of trade secret transfer/misappropriation and strategic employee solicitation," reads AMD's court filing in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG
    Meh

If found guilty this will cost Nvidia millions if not a billion, of course they must knowingly have acted on the information. The guys themselves will be locked up for a long time, except of course the first one who grasses and plea bargains against the rest.

God Bless the American Legal System.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

People on here need to make their minds up. Many on here don't care about secrets, designs and other IP and feel that it would be better for everyone to share all their creations for free.

1. asdf
        FAIL

Nice trolling. No most on here are just happy when AMD and NIVDIA release enough specs on their hardware so proper drivers can be written without relying on proprietary blobs.

1. RAMChYLD
          Mushroom

I agree

NVidia's reluctance to support Gallium3D and thus Wayland will be their death knell. Nice to know that when Ubuntu switch to the two from X and OpenGL, I'll either be forced to lose SLI by means of switching to Nouveau (which of course receives zero help from Nvidia) or take a performance hit by staying with X and using a Wayland compatibility layer instead.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

NVidia hardware sucketh mothballs anyway.

I hope AMD win if they really did get IP stolen.

3. A J Stiles
    FAIL

Oh, please

Keeping secrets is pure vanity. You are not special, and what you do is not special. If you thought of something, then the chances are someone else could just as easily think of it.

If somebody else makes something similar to something you make, it doesn't necessarily mean they copied your idea. It is much more likely that the same idea occurred to them independently; especially if they were working on the same problem as you.

4. HighTech4US
    FAIL

Don't let any FACTS get in the way of your malicious rant

Nvidia isn’t a defendant in the case.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-16/advanced-micro-devices-sues-ex-workers-over-trade-secrets.html?cmpid=yhoo

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Don't let any FACTS get in the way of your malicious rant

Have you read the article? Nowhere does it say Nvidia is a defendant.

5. greedywaterrabbitt
    Unhappy

Do to the fact that I like both nvidia and amd wish one would buy out the other

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like