back to article John McAfee goes Hollywood with Warner Bros. movie deal

The story of antivirus pioneer–cum–blogging fugitive John McAfee could soon hit the big screen, with Warner Bros. reportedly having optioned the tale for a possible feature film. This isn't the first time McAfee has been approached about a movie based on his exploits. In December, he inked a deal for the rights to his story …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ketlan
    Meh

How interesting

Yawn...sorry.

1. Thorne
      Thumb Up

Re: How interesting

Evil scientists, viruses, murder, frame ups, zombie dogs, government conspiracies, dramatic escapes to freedom and amusing costumes.

It's Resident Evil meets Bourne Identity meets Master of Disguise.

Pure Oscar material right there.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Pure Oscar The Grouch material.

"This story was brought to you by the letters B, U, L, L, S, H, I and T."

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Well its got to be more interesting than the facebook movie.

1. Ole Juul

The musical tells the story of a newly engaged couple getting caught in a storm and coming to the home of a mad antivirus pioneer. I think this could become a cult movie on par with The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And the...

working title is: Harold and Kumar escape from Belize.

3. Katie Saucey
    Trollface

Classic Attention Whore

I checked Encyclopaedia Dramatic, but no one has made John a page yet!

1. Lars Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Classic Attention Whore

Better make it as a cartoon, stone age or something.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

shouldn't read this, shouldn't comment

but the guy is just a complete wanker and makes me come over all daily mail and in favour of the death penalty.

1. CmdrX3
      Happy

Re: shouldn't read this, shouldn't comment

Sorry... had to double read that comment...... that sentence could have turned out all wrong and slightly disturbing.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So, this will be a comedy then?

6. BigUglyDean
    Trollface

There's a phrase...

... in the Southern United States which sums up J. McAfee: "nuttier than a Stuckey's Log."

7. Herby

Gotta love...

...the pic on the top stories scroll. Looney Tunes it is!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

John McAfee goes to Hollywood

Do we really want John McAfee representing the tech sector in popular culture?

reference

9. json

Will Ferrell is the man..

.. he'll make a good leading man.. hiding by burying himself in the sand with cops and (possibly) K9? could be a very Will Ferrell classic.

10. ukgnome
    Mushroom

Let's feed this idiots ego more

buy getting people to slap him every time he's spotted. With a bit of luck he'll go into hiding, as long as they take away this clowns computer we need never hear of this wazzock again.

11. SwitchBlade

Reincarnation

The more I read, the more I start to ponder whether McAfee is the reincarnation of Baron Munchausen.

12. John 62

Can we forget all this nonsense for a bit?

I hope they find and convict whoever killed Mr Faull.

13. M7S
    Joke

Being Hollywood, will they have the bit in where he stole the first Enigma machine

from all those Nazis still hiding bases in South America? And then marries Queen Kate.

14. Lucky2BHere

Inevitable...

...though I won't be in line to pay to see it. Maybe one day in a year or so when it's free somewhere - and I'm good and stoned - I'll spend a brain-dead evening with JM. It'll be fitting then.

This topic is closed for new posts.