back to article Reg Hardware Awards Best of 2012

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the annual Reg Hardware Awards are here and, once again, we need your help finding the best - and the worst - consumer electronics and IT products of the past year. Reg Hardware Awards Here’s your chance to vote for your favourite kit from among this year's releases. In each category - …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AndrewInIreland

Voting site seems to be broken...

"Sorry, something went bad, and your vote has not been recorded. Please drop a note to webmaster@theregister.co.uk! [TEE-1357826997000]"

1. jai

Re: Voting site seems to be broken...

Same here, can't enter in any votes.

Not a problem, the background picture of win8 laptops was scaring the bejeezuz out of me anyway.

1. jai

Re: Voting site seems to be broken...

Just an FYI - they've got people working on it.

Maj. Eaton: We have top men working on it now.

Indiana: Who?

Maj. Eaton: Top... men.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At least you got to try

It won't even let me tick anything - as soon I move the mouse away from the radio button, the tick disappears.

3. Lee Dowling Silver badge

Worked fine for me just a minute ago. Though I'll be damned if I'm going to remember the specs / reviews of 10+ model numbers of computer and nominate which one is best on the basis of that.

1. FartingHippo
      Thumb Up

Working fine for me too.

Apple are going to walk away with the laptop of the year, as the voting for the rest of the field will not so much be split as splintered.

4. Frumious Bandersnatch

Wow.. this time of year again

Is it really the third year in a row that I've had to vote for Ubuntu as the worst product of the year?

(I say this not as a Linux hater, but as a fan, fwiw)

5. Ian McNee
    WTF?

Media Service Provider of the Year

The BBC not on the list? Best £150 I spend every year!

6. MJI Silver badge

No Journey

So did Dishonored

7. Andrew Lobban

Where is Orange in the mobile provider list? I know they are now officially EE, but that wasn't the case for most of 2012 and not many will have 4G contracts yet so cant vote for the EE 4G option. As a result i had to skip this as orange are the standout provider in my area.

8. djstardust

Wot .... no Galaxy Note 2 ..... it's by far the best handset of the year!

1. Bynar
      WTF?

They put it under tablets.....

9. gaz 7
    Megaphone

product of the year

surely has to be the Raspberry PI.

An absolute phenomenon.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Null points

I ticked an absolute nothing as I don't have personal experience of anything on offer and it struck me that if I did, I'd probably tick what I'd bought as I suppose would most others. So this is more of a popularity contest than a "best of" award.

Being Reg Hardware, why isn't there any type of camera category? And while I'm on that subject why no article anywhere about the problems at Jessops?

11. MarkL

No Surface?

I know there isn't much love at The Register for Windows 8 and Microsoft, but if you're going to put the choice into the hands of your readers, then to exclude the Microsoft Surface from the tablet category is pretty silly.

Just why isn't it up there?

This topic is closed for new posts.