Your post which got most Thumbs Up

This topic was created by Bill Fresher .

1. Bill Fresher

Your post which got most Thumbs Up

Would be interested to see which of your posts got most thumbs up.

My one is:

In forum: 'Space Monkey' craze: Texan students 'get high' by choking each other

@jake:

I gave it a go once, but I didn't inhale.

54 Thumbs up

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: Your post which got most Thumbs Up

How do you check which has most? Without manually scanning through pages of posts...

Also, if you're going to crow about how loved you are by the commentards, we need to know which post got you most downvotes as well.

I'm sure jake will be along shortly to tell you that votes don't matter.

1. Bill Fresher

You mean you don't have to most loved post framed above your bed?!

Happy

No. But now you come to mention it... Should it be on the wall, proudly displayed above the headboard? Or on the ceiling, so I can see it when I wake up?

Perhaps El Reg could put that option in their store. Or have a t-shirt printed up with your very own inane witticisms, and lots of thumbs up printed all over the back.

They could also print a list of all the people who've ever downvoted you onto a toilet roll, for the obvious use.

2. jake Silver badge

@IaS (was: Re: Your post which got most Thumbs Up)

So-called "votes" don't matter, as my serial-down-vote fanboi has so ably demonstrated. I shall now write a script to, at random times, down-vote the first 10 "backlog" pages of all commentards posting to this thread, just as an example. And I'll have it run itself again tomorrow. And the next day, and the day after that. That's 2,000 down-votes each. I might remember to turn the script off. I might forget. Regardless, enjoy :-)

And then I'll write another script to up-vote myself from each of 4 proxy accounts, according to the same schedule. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to prove how "important" I am with all those up-votes, because I'm the only person outside ElReg who can easily figure out how many up-votes I've received.

Ok, I won't write the scripts, much less run them, not really. I'm not childish. But the point stands. So-called "votes" are a complete waste of time.

2. Bill Fresher

Forum: IT guy answers daughter's Facebook rant by shooting her laptop

This bloke thinks he can get respect by force.

What a twit.

15 Thumbs up, 50 Thumbs down

That answers the other question I was going to put to you. What's your most 'Marmite' post? Which got most love and hate at the same time?

I'd guess mine has been a rude comment about Android. Which seems to have the most fanbois, but also quite a lot of detractors. The Android downvoting lunatic fringe probably gave me my worst kicking for a pro Win Phone comment as well. Not sure I can be arsed to go back through 1,000 posts to check though.

3. LinkOfHyrule
    Happy

I think my most thumbed post was one I did slagging off ATOS which got removed for legal reasons!

4. Phil W

This one?

Maybe my best post could be this one, if you all would like to upvote it for me to achieve that goal that'd be cool!

My most upvoted post so far was on the recent Plusnet NATing thread with 27 upvotes and counting.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon