back to article Lights, camera, infection: HACKERS get Bollywood makeover

Bollywood producers have announced plans to make a malware-themed movie. The comedy-thriller titled Mickey Virus is set in Delhi and the plot revolves around hackers and computer virus infections. The film, due out later this year, will reportedly star local TV anchorman Manish Paul in his big screen debut. It's unclear how …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's unclear how the song-and-dance numbers that are a hallmark of Bollywood will be woven into the flick

Hahahaha - I'm not sure how you can portray your average hacker if you add dancing skills :)

1. Dr_N
      Black Helicopters

Maybe during a scene where the Forces of Law™® taze the aforementioned hacker?

1. Thomas 4

Ah

The Fifty Thousand Volt Horizontal Foxtrot.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If they had remade Sneakers then I guess they could have broke into dance when they're... err, sneaking through the building to avoid the alarms and nick the chip that breaks encryption and does the hacking.

The best thing about Hackers was the soundtrack.

3. S.G.
      Mushroom

Indians can do action movies too...

In fact, the best action scenes ever!!!

According to the Yootoob poster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yysbbPStfWw

4. beep54
      Happy

Hum, This comment makes me think of the character Elaine from Seinfeld (USA show). To watch Elaine attempting to dance was to be frightened. So that might work.

2. Crisp

The plot revolves around hackers and computer virus infections.

So 90 minutes of a guy doing a SQL injection attack followed by a sysadmin doing a restore from backups.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The plot revolves around hackers and computer virus infections.

At least Graham will be happy.

3. MrT

Graham Cluley...

...clearly has a refined and subtle sense of humour.

1. Evan Essence
      Coat

Re: Graham Cluley...

Though he didn't make a song and dance about it.

4. Graham Marsden
    Coat

Song and Dance Numbers...?

The Big Bang Theory did this one already!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJV3UqsycKs

5. Dan Atkinson
    Thumb Up

Hopefully their machines will be more powerful than the Powerbook Duo in the original.

And stars Aishwarya Rai.

6. Synja

As long as they don't

As long as they don't glamorize Ankit Fadia.

7. dotdavid
    Meh

Hack the planet

""Let's hope that Mickey Virus does not glamourise or trivialise hacking and malware creation too much," said Graham Cluley, senior security consultant at Sophos,"

Bah, he's just bitter that he has a boring desk job on the right side of the law, rather than a glamourous lifestyle on the run as a l33t h4x0r, hacking the gibson from a late night bar/rollerdisco/arcade (not from home, of course) in the company of Angelina.

8. fran 2

titled Mickey Virus....

Lost in translation

9. Lamont Cranston

If Hackers is anything to go by,

Mr Cluely's concerns about glamourisation are unfounded. As for trivialisation, if film has taught me anything about hacking, it is that it is most often performed whilst on the run from G-men, probably on a skateboard, and by hooking up a Palm to a payphone. Trivial? It sounds like hardwork to me, and certainly not worth the payoff of inserting Max Headroom into the Superbowl.

10. Zmodem

so they will be listening to drum n bass to be cool, instead of the real world death/grind/stoner metal

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No, it will be that damned rap music!

I think that is as opposite from metal as can be. Yes, I don't like suffocating my balls.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mickey Virus

Obviously it won't work, being Mickey Mouse and all...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like