back to article From post-coital squid to high-res Playboy bunnies: The 2012 'IT angle?!' quiz

How much do you remember about what really mattered in 2012? You're about to find out. Last year The Reg chronicled more than just the birth of Windows 8, the rise of ARM, the battle between iOS and Android, the genesis of the buzzword de l'année "big data", Apple's crap Maps app flap, and other communiqués from the front …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Camilla Smythe
    FAIL

Well Obviously...

I wrote a prigrom to interrygate the links then match to numbles wiv a bit ov text post-processing and got 85% right...

But then you bastards gave the answers at the end.

What an utter and complete FAIL.

You are ment to put radion boxes next to the answers then ask the user to give their e-mail address, and other details at the end in order to get their results along with three free newsletters a month on how to earn money by SEO and gimbling on the Stock Market plus How to get a bigger Pinis and an special offer or four for Pyrmid scheme, normal Price $399.99 yors for $29.99. Then you follow up with the viogra adverts and letters from the daughter of Mr UmKumfoku and his 100% swkeeky cleen $25,000,000 deal.

I'm not surprised this site is going down the Tubes. You just do not know how to monetise your audience.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Well Obviously...

"I'm not surprised this site is going down the Tubes."

Just to be clear: did you mean the Central line or the Northern line?

C.

1. solidsoup
        Devil

Granted my post was whiny, but what rules did it break?

I think Camilla meant Victoria. That's the tube that goes to Brixton.

2. lawndart

It has to be the Waterloo and City line, because of its nickname.

1. Tony S

.. Mornington Crescent?

2. Alistair
    Coat

Oh noes. The Register is Going Down The 'Tubes

Te intar tewbs!

(Sorry -- its one of those days.)

(The one with "How to make bad puns in your spare time" in the pocket)

3. jai
    IT Angle

But where's the....

Actually, it's a bit of a poor show for a tech rag to have a quiz, and only provide us with a printable scoresheet? In this day and age of glorious technology, is it too much to ask for an interactive form with radio buttons next to each answer and a funky piece of HTML5 to keep track of our results?

4. jai
    Headmaster

Error with Question 22

22. In how many Reg stories was Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak mentioned during 2012?

A. 26

B. not enough

C. too many

D. Steve who?

In a somewhat Schrödinger's Cat fashion, the act of asking a question about Woz in a quiz published before the end of the year has impacted the result, meaning none of those answers are now correct.

1. cosymart
      Happy

Re: Error with Question 22

Who's cat? Is that the one that may or may not be there but there again might not be but on the other hand could be...Oh, pass the wine bottle. Happy Easter!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

>Is that the one that may or may not be there but there again might not...

No, it's the one where the cat is there but we don't know whether it's dead, alive or both.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

>meaning none of those answers are now correct.

On the contrary. It reinforces the correct answer (c) Too many as even one is one too many.

3. El Presidente
      Facepalm

You got as far as Q 22?

5. El Presidente
    FAIL

How many reg articles did I avoid ...

By only clicking on one answer, discovering the 'quiz' was just click-bait-fest and giving up?

Loads. I use AdBlock anyway but still, who can be arsed to click and close all those pages?

Answers on a postcard ...

1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Re: How many reg articles did I avoid ...

I presume you're no fun at parties either..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like