back to article Phone-hack saga: Police cuff man in southwest London

Scotland Yard officers cuffed a 46-year-old man this morning in connection with its investigation into alleged phone-hacking offences at Rupert Murdoch-owned News International. The unnamed suspect was arrested at his home on Wednesday at an address in southwest London. He was manacled on suspicion of perverting the course of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. undeadMonkey93
    Facepalm

Damn! Apparently Piers Morgan is 47.

So close!

1. tirk

I'm glad I wasn't the only sad one who checked Wikipedia for the usual suspects ages!

1. aenimiac
        Thumb Up

David Cameron is 46 though...

2. jonathanb Silver badge
      Unhappy

and doesn't live in South West London

1. aenimiac
        Unhappy

Bugger

2. Dr Paul Taylor

PM in SW London

But the postcode of 10 Downing St is SW1A 2AA. SW = South West London, n'est ce pas?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Still a possibility as apparently the Police spokesman said "we're sure he's 47 because I saw hime standing beside a cake with 47 candles on it when we arrested him" .... before he later admitted not being on duty at the time and was somewhere else completely

4. graeme leggett Silver badge

these celeb types sometimes like to "round down" their age to make that youthful appearance( from medical intervention, and expensive spas rather than lucky genes) look more plausible.

Yeah, wishful thinking

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

The cake is a lie! You are under arrest!

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And released

Three hours later apparently due to mistaken identity.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Maybe it was that slimy papparazzo they someties wheel out for things like Newsnight, who is an unashamed apologist for snooping into people's private lives and publishing their intimate details in red-tops because they're famous, so must deserve it. What a repellent life-form he is. Can't remember his name though...

4. Arachnoid
    Megaphone

I wonder if during their defense case they will claim to prove his complicity, Police hacked his phone.

5. dajames
    Meh

It's a strange world

... in which we can learn the age of this person, but not his identity!

This topic is closed for new posts.