back to article Twitter passes 200 million monthly users

Microblogging site Twitter has passed a major milestone: it now has over 200 million monthly active users. The announcement came, fittingly enough, via a tweet from the company's account that referred to those 200 million users as "the pulse of the planet." There are now more than 200M monthly active @twitter users. You are …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Captain DaFt

Sounds about right

"Passed 200 million... users."

That's on heck of a bowel movement!

1. LarsG
      Meh

accounts of the lives of people who think there every move is of interest to the rest of us when in fact they spout inane, useless, meaningless, miserable, boring, brain destroying drivel in an attempt to justify their self important role in society.

Their motto, 'I tweet therefore I am,' gives them justification for foisting their misery on the rest of us.

1. Mike Flex

Re: 200,000,000

"people who think there every move is of interest to the rest of us when in fact they spout inane, useless, meaningless, miserable, boring, brain destroying drivel"

Seems to be of enough interest to you to read the article and comment on it.

I don''t subscribe to feeds I'm not interested in. Seems simple enough.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: 200,000,000

"of interest to the rest of us when in fact they spout inane, useless, meaningless, miserable, boring, brain destroying drivel in an attempt to justify their self important role in society."

And here you are, posting on a forum... Tell us how it is!

Haters gonna Hate.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Re: 200,000,000 @AC22:24

Appears you miss the point, this is a forum for discussion/trolling and not a place to tell us that you went shopping, wiped your backside, drank a coffee, bought a Christmas Tree, picked your nose, laughed at a joke drove to see your.... Etc etc boring etc.

No one wants to hear about your unexciting and mundane existence, your life is not that interesting enough for that, like the other 200,000,000 tweeters.

2. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

@larsg

Yeah, 200M -1 people on Twitter are worthless, but my life is worth reading about!

2. Captain DaFt
      FAIL

Uh... Ewww!

Note to self:

Refrain from posts that end in anally related comments... The "X Thumbs up" that gets appended afterward just looks... wrong!

2. MacRat
    Meh

Marketing Accounts

I'm sure most of them are corporate marketing and PR accounts.

3. Darryl

Correction?

I think you missed an L in the subheading:

'...bleats 177.3 billion times per year.'

4. Evil Auditor Silver badge

"...peak at around 100 million or so then slowly fade away..."

Some, such as me, believed that text message were so retro, much like a ticker, it would never kick off...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It must be worth well over $100bn!

(body)

1. Big O

Re: It must be worth well over $100bn!

This makes sense... I would like to buy shares please!

6. Matt 21

Probably helped

...having the BBC acting as advertisers for them.

7. Dave Cheetham

200 million people need to get a life!

So sad!

Won't somebody think of the planet. All that wasted energy charging batteries to power those tweets.

8. Trevor_Pott Gold badge
    Trollface

Trololololololol

...one of us...one of us...one of us...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like