back to article Wipe the floor with Space Invaders

Governments may have been denying the existence of aliens for decades, but Register Hardware knows they exist because they’ve landed on our doormat - quite literally. invaders_doormat_animated Space Invaders are back Yes, if you’re a devoted retro-gamer sick of all the talk about Wii-this, PS3-that and Xbox-t'other then a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Greg

About to get my first place

That will do me nicely!

2. Mad Hacker
    Flame

LAME

So I'm a retrogamer. I think MAME is the best use of a computer ever. But uh, this is lame even to me. I figured at least you could shoot them by stepping in different areas or something. They just scroll across the screen when you stand there? Might as well scroll a message saying iPhones Suk or Pirates Be Here or something like that.

3. Rob Sked
    Thumb Up

Well. . . . all I can say is . . .

WANT !

4. Mike Moyle
    Coat

Now that's just wrong...

"(...) you’ll be glad to know this one measures 640 x 400mm (...)"

Would it have been so difficult to have made it 640 x 480, just to really nail down the Geek factor?

It's just this sort of shoddy planning that is weakening our ability to compete and unraveling the very fabric of society, etc., etc., blah, blah...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: Now that's just wrong

Perhaps the missing 80m is to allow for toolbars?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

£40 to wipe your bloody shoes?

I can probably get an old arcade with the game for that

and your not telling me it costs £35 for a few invaders on a mat, when the mat alone is a fiver at wilko's

if it was less than that then i would consider it, but that much to wipe shit/filth off your shoes is ridiculous

7. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

@ About to get my first place

Not sure I follow. Are you just excited you posted first? What is this a Yahoo group? And you must be a tween right?

Sheesh, and I though El Reg moderated these posts.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Insert 20p

For another wipe?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Re: @ About to get my first place

It's fairly obvious that he means he is about to buy his first house, and that this would be an ideal doormat.

Are you a bit thick, or what?

Paris, for obvious reasons.

10. Jamie
    Linux

Real Geek

A geek would buy that mat, but a REAL GEEK would build the mat and make it better, faster, stronger, nanananananana

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like