back to article Apple debuts detailed failure gauge page

Apple has quietly unveiled a more detailed way for users to check on the health of its various and sundry iServices. The new "Apple Services, Stores, and iCloud" webpage, launched Thursday, now provides status symbols – an orange triangle will be displayed when an individual service has "Issues", and a green square will be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's normal

"But we must duly – if a bit unkindly – point out that on Thursday afternoon there was no Issues icon next to Maps, despite the cries of many users that Apple's Maps service does, indeed, have issues aplenty."

I guess for Apple something is an issue if it's performance drops below normal. Since it is normal for Apple maps to be crap, there is no issue.

1. Bronek Kozicki

Re: It's normal

here is alternative explanation: Maps aren't at a level high enough to qualify, otherwise they would be permanently (well, for the next few releases) marked as "having issues".

2. Inventor of the Marmite Laser Silver badge

I wonder why I read the start of the last paragraph and thought of the word iCon.

3. Ted Treen
    Trollface

More Trollbait...

...and they duly oblige.

4. Silverburn

I can't see the "number of deaths in Aussie outback" chart...is there a submenu under Maps...?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No indicator showing how many Steve Jobs mentions in the media though.

6. Velv
    FAIL

"service has "Issues"" is a subjective term.

The iPhone 3Gs had a problem with reboots during calls, yet Apple denied there was an issue.

The iPhone 4 had to be held properly, however initially Apple denied there was an issue.

iOS5 upgrades broke WiFi for a number phones - yet there was no issue.

So while the idea of a Service Status page is good, if you're not prepared to admit to your "weaknesses", its totally useless.

1. messele
      FAIL

There were also issues with a broken float valve in the cistern in the ladies toilet on floor 2, building one but that wasn't reported either.

Scandalous really.

Or it could be that the web page reports issues with internal services at Apple but putting yourself across as dumb is obviously much funnier (for me).

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have a patent on rounded green corners

Apple - you owe me billions... billions I tell you.... mwuhahaha.....

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maps opinion

Maps shone in Montreal last week, where Google Maps App did a poor job. Just sayin'

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like