back to article Epson adds to Stylus series

The newest addition to Epson's entry-level Stylus series, the D92, has been announced. Continuing the theme of this general purpose printer range, it features four-colour delivery up to the size of A4 and print speeds up to 25ppm in black and white and 13ppm in colour. Epson Stylus D92 It requires four individual ink …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Anderson

Rip Off Britain Rules.

Only costs us 7.50 European Euros for an Epson print cartidge this side of the escape tunnel.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thay are all the same!

Do you still review A4 inkjet printers? That must be the most boring subject of the last 5 years. They all have the same specs and they are all very cheap (that is until you need ink cartridges).

3. Gene Cash Silver badge

Just say no to Epson

So is this like all the other Epson printers where the unit expires after a certain number of cartridges and has to have an internal counter reset? For which service is more expensive than buying a new printer.

The "counter is supposed to prevent oversaturation of the pad that caps the printhead". Right. That's a huge worry for me.

That was sad because my C84 was the most reliable inkjet I'd ever had. It never fell off the USB bus like my Lexmark, and it capped the printhead so it never had a problem with clogged nozzles like HP, even if it sat for several months.

Oh well. I have a Brother laser printer now.

4. Jenkins

cheaply made, cheaply sold.

meh. Printers are such a skank. I've got a perfectly fine Brother that has a similar internal counter problem (reset waste ink tank). Wasted days trying to reset it.

I'm thinking of getting a new lexmark mfc for £30. Another piece of crap with built in obsolescence I know, but 30 smackers? Not too long ago I would have probably paid this for the scanning and copy functions alone. Throw in the (admittedly half empty) "starter" cartridges and you have a cheap product, for a cheap price.

Now, will it last over a year is the question.... and also will it like the cheap refilled or unbranded cartridges I will probably end up putting in it. I think I know the answers.

5. Ed

Ugly

Its kinda ugly. I own a couple of Stylus D88s which look much nicer than this. I've had a very bad time with Epson and colour reproduction. For example, printing Dark Green on a Light Green background gives you just light green. Equally, colour tones are frequently off - too intense often with a skew towards random colours.

I guess thats what comes from buying cheap printers.

6. Pascal Monett Silver badge

I'm fed up with these things

I am tired of printers and everything to do with them. I have had a number of Epson printers, none of which have ever lasted more than 18 months - and I don't even print a page every week ! One of them (Stylus 800) broke down the day a page was badly loaded - from that day on it refused to load anything.

I am fed up with printers that cost nothing and don't last, whereas ink costs as much ounce for ounce as the engagement ring I bought for my wife.

I want a printer that is expensive - to the tune of €1200 or more, and that lasts a lifetime. I also want ink that costs €3 a refill.

And while I'm at it, I also want my flying car.

I think my next printer will be laser. I'm done with sodding ink.

7. Rich

Does anyone care?

The Stylus Series has been going for ever and there are always new models coming out. How can anyone get enthusiastic about a new printer?

Simple guidelines should be noted when buying any printer.

The printer will be cheap.

The Cartridges will be expensive.

The Cartridges will run out quickly.

When the printer breaks, dont repair, throw it out and buy a new one.

This topic is closed for new posts.