back to article Nine sentenced in Chinese kidney-for-iPad scheme

Note to Apple fanbois: If anyone approaches you with an offer to fund your iOS addiction in exchange for your internal organs, that person might be a criminal. So says the shocking verdict from the Chenzhou Intermediate People's Court in Hunan province, China, which on Thursday found nine people guilty of illegally purchasing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David 45

A PC is less expensive.

Thought Apple stuff was an arm and a leg - not a kidney!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Just goes to show what a iPad is worth in some people's eyes.

A Surface or Android tablet would only have made a few toe nail clippings.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Gloria Allred would have gotten more from the settlement while the victim got about the same.

3. James O'Brien
    Thumb Down

Still have no sympathy

While I detest what these people did I still have absolutely no sympathy for him. I would have thought that anyone, but definitely a 17 year old would know that this was one of the most moronic stunts someone could have pulled. What a dipshit.

1. Another User
      IT Angle

Legal age to vote used to be 18

There is a reason why the legal age to vote used to be 18. Looking at this might you think about re-introducing the age of 21. This 17 year old kid is clearly not mature enough to make important decisions on his own.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Legal age to vote used to be 18

Have I missed something? I though the legal voting age was 18.

1. Another User
          Holmes

That depends on where you live.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_age

There is a trend to lower the voting age to 16. Near the top of the linked article you will find

a EU initiative from 2009 proposing exactly this.

From the linked article:

The minimum age is 16 in Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Cuba, Ecuador, Nicaragua and the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey (three self-governing British Crown Dependencies). People aged 16–18 can vote in Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro if employed.

1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

The more the vote is devalued the better som politicians like it

Not that anyone with a functioning brain would vote for a politician.

2. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

Where?

2. Thorne

"This 17 year old kid is clearly not mature enough to make important decisions on his own."

I was never that stupid.

I would give a kidney to my child but never swap for the latest piece of iCrap. If he held onto his kidney he could have got an ipad2. Longer still an ipad3 and even longer still, got a job and just bought it.

3. tojb
        Windows

Off topic, but that is precisely why Salmond wants it at 16 for the Scots Independence Referendum. Next time you buy something deep-fried and unidentifiable from an Edinburgh Chippy, better eat it quick before someone tells you what it is!

4. Lance 3

"The deal went south, however, when young Wang's mother found her son in poor health and became suspicious. Legal charges soon followed."

But it all started off with his poor mental health.

1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

Not.

It all started with the corruption that wiped out Chan Kai Shrek's government. They were so bloody awful that they made Mao Tse Tung's idiots popular. Once the government gets taken over by zombies, it is difficult to clean house.

The boy was brought up as the pride, joy and only hope for his parents. There were no alternatives. The worst thing about the situation was that having a moron in China means you don't get to benefit the gene pool further.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

But it all started off with his poor mental health.

After he'd had the i-devices

lesson here for fanbois!!!

5. Mr Young
    Angel

No deal

I'm not going to swap my shiny for one of your kidneys? WTF!

6. Dana W
    WTF?

I'm a fan but.......

I"ve been known to do without to have a Macbook Pro and an iPhone.

But without a kidney??????

7. Thorne
    FAIL

Swapmeat

He swapped his kidney for an iPad but what did he swap his brain for?

8. RAMChYLD
    Boffin

Developers fault

I've seen cases where plenty of developers release apps for iOS but not for Android. Clearly, if those developers have been releasing apps for both platforms instead of just iOS, this wouldn't be a problem.

9. Great Bu

I would totally rate him....

"the nine had already paid Wang more than 1.47m yuan ($263,019, £147,494) in damages for his injuries – enough to buy a platinum iPad."

I would totally rate him if that's what he actually spent his compo money on.

Otherwise he's just a bit of a thicko......

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Chinese Whispers

Sorry? What? He traded in his wang for a phone? Eh?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like