back to article Wanna see a 30D-rack beauty that goes like the clappers?

Whiptail has increased the number of storage nodes in its all-flash array to 30. Whiptail INVICTA 30 node 30-node Whiptail Invicta Up until now, Whiptail's NAND-packed array could have two to six Invicta nodes. Each node can store 6TB to 12TB in MLC flash, allowing each array to contain up to 72TB. The chips can do 650,000 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris007
    Coat

so it's a case of

I can flash faster than you.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Think I'll wait

for the 36DD model ;-)

3. flashdba
    Meh

Shouldn't they know?

CTO James Candelaria added: "We expect a fully populated 30-node 360TB INFINITY to exceed 4 million IOPS and 40GB/sec throughput in real world use."

I don't get it. If it's an actual product then you would have thought they would know the performance figures rather than just "expecting"?

4. vmistery

Now how about a SME Budget array? I dont want to be using 15K SAS drives forever ya know!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

30D?

Bamboo with boobs?

6. flashmob

Marketing Mayhem

Impressive boasting but they forgot to mention the Nimbus E-Class array which was launched in January of 2012(11 months ago)and scales to 500TBs (140TBs more)with fewer systems and less complexity, more connectivity, software and a lower cost. Claims are nice but production systems that have been selling for almost a year are better.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hmmm

And the price is ?

1. rich0d

Re: hmmm

If you have to ask, you can't afford it... ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.