back to article Sony to do what Apple can't: Remove its batteries - sources

Sony is considering selling off its battery business, Sony Energy Devices, and at least three investment banks have offered to help. Getting the biz on the market would help the stumbling entertainment giant to cut costs and give it some cash to put towards its restructuring, sources muttered in the general direction of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. lee harvey osmond

Mmmm. Sony laptop batteries

... would this count as a fire sale?

2. James 51

I think you mean three banks want some fat fees.

3. CmdrX3

Maybe Apple will buy it

They seem to want to control every other aspect of their devices, so maybe this will let them control one more area.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why mention Apple?

Yet more click bait. Why not "Sony to do what Google Nexus can't"? Not as many page impressions that way I guess.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Why mention Apple?

Twat

5. Goldmember

"wants to focus on gaming"

And yet they closed SCE Liverpool (formerly Psygnosis) earlier this year.

Come on Sony, get your priorities straight.

6. PyLETS
    Mushroom

Sony needs to split into 2

It's a schizophrenic organisation. One part is concerned with making copying easy - consumer electronics e.g. a TV set which faithfully copies a signal into a moving picture. The other part is concerned with making copying difficult - the media division because that's what they sell.

So we have a company with one division which has a vested interest in sabotaging the other. Let the 2 have an amicable divorce and get on with life separately.

7. Steven Jones

Old fogie winge...

Oh dear. Disinterest does not mean "lack of interest". Yet another sign of declining modern standards...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Old fogie winge...

Disinterest does me lack of interest. Yes, you are right, another sign of declining modern standards...

8. Euripides Pants

Sony medical devices

Now with built-in rootkits!

9. armyknife

Quality products?

Bought some sony rechargeable batteries a while back, worst NiMh batteries I've ever encountered, some failed rapidly, others would barely hold a charge; batteries I've pulled from used garden lights have proven better quality.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like