back to article Samsung suppliers broke labour laws, but didn't hire kids

Samsung Electronics has said it is now taking “corrective actions” after a month-long audit it set up identified several instances of suppliers breaking local Chinese labour laws, although not-for-profit groups remain sceptical about the prospect of widespread and lasting change. The investigation, which was instituted after …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where's all the Android fanboys now then? Awww, did you really think it was an Apple problem? this is a Chinese problem, it's just normal there.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

WTF has this to do with the Aplle vs Android question? Nothing - that's what. But kudos for brining up a a completely different subject to push your Fanboi agenda.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

i'll be sure to quote your post the next time apple gets individually bashed for something that affects every player in this industry.

Still, the silence of the android-is-the-one-true-way-and-anyone-using-it-can-do-no-wrong crowd is quite telling.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Feel free to quote it - I happen to know that bad employment practices are an industry wide phenomenon, and are completely unrelated to Apple vs Android arguments

But you can continue thinking it is, that's fine. As I am sure will people on both sides of the divide.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Look under the desks

That's where the child labor is hiding, not in the employee records.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The children get the day off when auditors come around. If this happens in Samsung owned plants too then that makes the worse than apple. They are the Stalin to apple's hitler and that's before you factor in they use and OS created by an advertising company whose sole purpose is to take your personal data.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As far as Rotten Apple is concerned...

...they use these slave labor camps, i.e. Foxconn, to allow Tim Cook to receive $700 million in annual compensation while the slaves are beat if they don't produce Apple products fast enough. Why there is not a worldwide outcry over this inhuman treatment and use of child labor, is beyond me. I guess many people just can't stand the thought of this despicable behavior so they tune it out and pretend it doesn't really exist.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: As far as Rotten Samsung is concerned...

Compared to Samsung's Lee Kun-hee who's net worth taken in amounts to $7.4 billion in US dollars. Put the crack pipe down son, the company that can do no wrong has you by the scrotum hook line and sinker. We all know Samsung's Korean senior executive leaders fart sweet smelling rainbows and multi-hued shimmering android unicorns burst forth from their loins.

Get over yourself sunshine.

5. Mike Moyle

Really...?

"...Samsung said it will 'eliminate hours beyond legal limits by the end of 2014'."

2014?!!?

It really takes TWO YEARS for the guy who's PAYING THE BILLS to tell a supplier "Cut the shit!" and have it stick?

Or --just maybe -- is this just because, if they stopped the mandatory excess overtime they wouldn't have enough product to sell fast enough to keep the front office in annual bonuses? "Hell, what's two more years of screwing the workers over if it helps the bottom line...? Besides -- they're Chinese; they should be USED to it by now!"

1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

If you don't like slave labour...

Don't buy slave products.

All the super size companies in the world get their labour and materials from China because China stinks.

So stop buying Chinese goods and make the world a better place.

Can't be done and won't be done. Not until wages rise there and botom out here.

And maybe not then, philanthropists don't get jobs as bean counters and certainly not at Microsoft, Apple or Samsung.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Samsung fans scatter like cockroaches

When the light is shone brightly on the skeletons in their closet that show they are no better than those they despise.

Typical gutless fandroid-wonders.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like