back to article Google, Apple, and Microsoft downed in Pakistan

Pakistan’s web users were left high and dry over the weekend after nearly 300 high profile sites including Google.com.pk, Microsoft.pk, Apple.pk and Yahoo.pk were hacked and defaced by what appears to be a mixture of Pakistani and Turkish attackers. Many local versions of big name sites including Apple, Microsoft and PayPal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

The sites weren't hacked, the DNS-server holding the records for these domains was hacked.

1. stu_ekins
      Thumb Up

Thank you. That answers the question I was about to ask.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Angel

@stu

No thanks, votes will do ;-)

Seriously; if that helped you, why not press the green arrow as a way of saying 'thanks' in El Reg style?

2. ratfox
    Happy

Yeah, I was going to ask too…

Being able to hack Google, Apple, Yahoo and Microsoft web sites at the same time would rather stretch credibility.

3. Redundent Asset
    Linux

So really it should have the title

Root DNS server exploited Google, Apple, and Microsoft sites affected in Pakistan

Less sensational but more truthful

1. C Lart
      Boffin

or more accurately... cc-TLD DNS server exploited Google, Apple, and Microsoft sites affected in Pakistan

4. Bucky 2
    Black Helicopters

The rhyme

Is this equally bizarre in the original Turkish, or is this an automated-translation artifact?

If it's still nonsensical in the original language, I'm going to have to conclude that this is an attack from a self-aware AI that has yet to grasp the syntax of human language. There can be no other explanation.

1. Tom 13

Re: The rhyme

3v3ry0n3 Kn0wz3 3l1t3 H4ck0rz c@nt sp1ll!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like