back to article Plan to let you phone people up from within Facebook

Orange customers in France will soon be able to tap on a Facebook contact to give them a call, and even set up conferences, without sharing phone numbers with anyone. The deal between Facebook and France Telecom, owner of the Orange brand, will require a new handset app, but once installed it will move voice calling into the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I live in France...

But am neither a Facebook nor FranceTelecom/Ornage subscriber.

Win-win pour moi!!!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I live in France...

I too live in France and still get free phone calls to land lines all over most of the world as well as free calls to mobiles in France supplied by my ISP.

2. JDX Gold badge

Seems a semi-sensible bit of functionality, but I thought FaceBook was cosy with Skype?

3. koolholio
    WTF?

Nothing new

The facebook app, allows contact linking... video calling uses skype, I wonder what would be new about this audio calling... and would it work with a desktop to mobile and vice versa? Using skype *cough*

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I get all the numbers I've called on my itemised mobile bill -- will these calls appear there I wonder?

5. Steve Evans

I think FB know enough about me already, without knowing who I called and when!

6. DJ 2
    Mushroom

orange is too expensive

For the people who use facebook regularly to pay the contracts. Can't see this working, and I doubt that many people will like the idea of FT (orange) knowing all about thier friends either.

To me it seems doomed to failure.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like