back to article BLAZING HEAVENLY gas BRIDGE filament links galactic clusters

The European Space Agency's Planck space telescope has discovered a bridge of hot gas connecting two galactic clusters across ten million light-years of intergalactic space. Planck discovers bridge of hot gas connecting galaxy clusters Planck tries to capture pictures of the ancient light of the cosmos, the Cosmic Microwave …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous John

Alderson tramline

No doubt about it.

1. Elmer Phud

Re: Alderson tramline

Reminded me of old Silver Surfer covers

2. Luther Blissett

Re: Alderson tramline

Are you quite sure? I would have said Birkeland current.

2. VaalDonkie
    Trollface

It's probably just hot air from the recent US presidential elections.

3. Chuckterzella

I haven't heard of a gas cloud this large since my uncle, Sal Minella, went to Taco Bell twice in one day then had BBQ ribs and six pack of Corona for dinner. Amazing

1. Euripides Pants

Be glad that he didn't go to Juanita's Chili Shack in Juarez.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

After affects

Galactus has been watching babestation again.

5. Tom 7

As for the Norse legend

try going somewhere that has dark skies and look at the sky on a moonless night. The best nights for this are bloody cold and frosty. And on a good night you can see things that would easily inspire the legend.

Streetlights etc have stolen so much from us.

1. Luther Blissett

Re: Streetlights etc have stolen so much from us.

Are you quite sure? I would have said banksters. Then rent-seekers,

6. Crisp

It looks photoshopped.

A lot of the stars in that picture look awfully similar to each other!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The ancient universe was much smaller

so entire galaxies could be entangled amongst each other. Interstellar traveling probably developed in the second billion years of the early universe and beings easily traveled amongst solar systems and galaxies because they were so close together. To visit a nearby galaxy was child's play. As the universe expanded everything became farther apart. For each of the travelers, and there were billions of them universe-wide, journeys became longer until they reached a travel tipping point, where it was no longer feasible to travel long distances. Many outpost inhabitants were now stranded. The gas linkage of these two galaxies probably demonstrates they were close enough at one point to have been entangled and as the universe expanded they moved farther apart, but maintained a form of entanglement. This ultimately begs the question, " Is the entire universe one big mass entanglement to various degrees?"

8. Luther Blissett

"...80 million degrees Celsius and the gas in the link..."

Are you quite sure about this? I would have said plasma.

9. kyza

Big gas cloud?

Remnant of the Dawn War

10. Gordo Rex

Then again...

Some have theorised that the old Norse Bifröst may have been inspired by the Milky Way.

Or perhaps one of the great Norse heroes was able to cross back from Asgard to Midgard and tell the people what was on the other side.

What if the legends were literally correct?

11. This post has been deleted by its author

12. WalterAlter
    Megaphone

Plasma Filaments = Birkland Currents

99% of all matter in the Universe is plasma, it's an Electric Universe. This topic will be discussed here: http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2012/09/02/eu2013-conference-the-tipping-point-2/ This is the next revolution in cosmology.

13. Mpeler
    Pint

Bifröst?

This is actually the intergalactic trade route of Bofrost, carrying frozen food across the

universe. The immense distances, high plasma temperatures yet unimaginably cold surrounding

temperatures gave rise to the phrase "many are cold, but few are frozen."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like