back to article Linkin Park cyber-stalker sent to jail

A former US government security lab worker who used office computers to cyber-stalk Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington was sentenced Wednesday to two years in prison. Devon Townsend used her access to Sandia National Laboratories in New Mexico to hack into the crooner's email account, and also tapped his mobile …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Edward Miles
    Coat

A stalker...

For Chester..

Sound like all she wanted wanted was to be One Step Closer not Forgotton, Maybe she thought if she told his wife Don't Stay, she'd have Runaway. Reading his phone records probably made her feel Faint, but in the end she just wanted to Leave Out All The Rest, and be where she though was "Somewhere I Belong".

Now she will Only be able to look at him From The Inside of a jail cell, where hopefully she will be working on Breaking The Habit.

Now the time is mere Minutes To Midnight, and she must be In Pieces, knowing that she will never be with Chester on a Valentine's Day.

Hopefully she wont be attacked in prison and made to Hit The Floor, because that might leave her Crawling.

Yeah, ok I'll put the LP albums down now and leave, before all your minds go Numb :P

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

well done, sir.

The last paragraphs are classic. If I wore hats they would be off to you. Then I would also not be wearing hats. Therefore, the result is the same.

Since hats or no hats has no effect on the removal of hats, we can thus conclude that hats are irrelevant to matters involving hats. This means that hats do not exist.

So, to clarify, the nonexistent hats which I do not have are off to you.

3. jason lee
    Coat

@Edward Miles

She did know this would eventualy happen In The End, and while she was doing this it it was her Cure For The Itch.

With his wife, she was probably trying to show her Points Of Authority, and probably failed badly I assume.

And all she wanted was for him to say "please be a Part Of Me" but now she's going to a "Place For My Head"

The coat over there please - with the bullseye on the back. ;)

4. Michael Compton

Prime Example

Of why the surveillance societies we are creating are maybe not a good idea. Though i think I'll be safe from the likes because I'm not talented or good looking, oh wait....

5. cor
    Joke

@ Edward

If those titles are all Linkin Park, maybe you need to check your own stalker / obsessive tendancies.... LOL

Just kiddin'

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

She visited the UK too!

"She also obtained Bennington's 34-page Verizon phone bill, which included the history of his phone usage as well as the telephone numbers of his band mates, friends and family. Townsend used this information to phone Bennington's wife and threaten her."

She also wrote down his license plate and demanded the registration details on a false claim for a fiver. DVLA said 'no problem, is there any other privileged information we are entrusted with that you'd like to help yourself to?'

Then she joined the local council to gain access to his email headers, telephone logs, ISP surfing history and a bunch of other data not covered specifically protected under RIPA, all the companies concerned happily obliged by handing over the data in secret. Some even sent the whole .MBX file given access to his emails passwords and bank info.

Once she had his GSM cell phone location data, she bugged every place he went.

Finally her boss at the council checked the data requests she'd been sending up stairs, and she was given a severe talking too in a stern manner.

The Data Protection agency stepped in! "You've been very naughty young woman, collecting all the personal information without paying you £35 data collectors fee!".

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Shropshire

What happened, thirty years ago, to cause every other American woman to be called Devon? I can understand thirty-year-old American women being called Olivia or Diana, or Barbra, or Gloria, but Devon?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

where did i leave my foil hat?

winamp is spying on my browsing habits judging by the fact that when i started reading this article it suddenly decided to pick not 1 but 2 linkin park tracks in a row

however I do have a complaint to make, you forgot to explain how ID cards and RFID tags in everything would have prevented this

9. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

hey now

LP are a pretty decent band.....as for all the details at the end, who's the stalker now?

10. Josh

@Edward

Don't forget that while she's in gaol she'll be able to think to herself "What I've Done".

11. Darryl

@Ashley Pomeroy

Actually, according to the US census bureau, the name Devon didn't even make the top 1000. This means it was beat out by the likes of Herminia (#998), Louella (#990), Concetta (#977), and Evangelina (#926). Of course, there's always Ashley at #63 with almost half a million.

Sigh... Saturday night and nothing to do but look up useless information on the interweb.

Darryl (#232 on the male name list)

12. Dan
    Happy

Breaking the habit ?

"A lack of musical taste still isn't a crime."

Ooh hark at you Austin.......bitter that some else got the fame, money, and drop dead gorgeous bird ??? rofl

This topic is closed for new posts.