back to article Scammers use fake profiles to target Instagram users

Scammers are targeting Instagram users by creating fake profiles to gather personal details before attempting to trick users into signing up for premium-rate mobile services, among other ruses. Fake profiles on the social network often feature "women" with attractive profile pictures who have never posted any photos. Their …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JB
    Thumb Down

If someone starts following me, and they either have no pics or dodgy profile text, I'll block them and report as spam immediately. Why would anyone in their right mind want to follow someone on a picture-sharing social network who has no pictures to share??

People have been talking about 'peak Apple' lately, I think it's also time for 'peak Instagram'!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

But...

...most on here have common sense. The majority of internet users are not so blessed.

1. Fatman
        FAIL

Re: Re: But...The majority of internet users are not so blessed.

Which is the problem.

Some people are just too fucking stupid to use a computer.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

Instascam?

Remember to tell the Oxford Dictionary that I was the one that came up with it first....

3. Andy
    Facepalm

getting worse..

since insta has been opened to android and also now they cant use your udid to block people on apple devices it will ultimately get worse.. i block around 3 or 4 people daily.. sick of it now. insta need to start being more proavtive on this spamming and find a way to stamp it out.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What is it with you, John Leyden?

You just can't help yourself always mixing singular and plurals in the same sentence, can you?

It's like you can never make up your mind whether you are talking about one thing or many things.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like