back to article LOHAN to join mile-high club with BRITNEY or NAOMI?

The time has arrived to officially name the Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) mission control board - the electronic heart of our audacious ballocket spaceplane mission. Click here for a bigger version of the LOHAN graphic Ta very much to all those readers who chipped in with acronym/backronym suggestions, even if a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey

On a related note I once wrote a system called NIPS. The N is a massive clue to the client so I can't expand on this.

1. Ottman001
      Thumb Up

Good work sir. I see your NIPS and raise you GROPETITTIES (Greatly Reduces Overheads in Personnel Expenditure with Technology to Import a Torrent of Text from Information Exposing Suppliers), a program I wrote for a retail operation that pulls stock availability data from large text files into a central database.

2. ukgnome
    Coffee/keyboard

"unsuitable for a family publication such as El Reg."

New keyboard or some wipes please!

3. Poor Coco
    Paris Hilton

HAW HAW

69 votes for SPEARS so far.

4. Eugene Crosser
    Unhappy

No good backronym for LINDSAY?

Such a disappointment! (I admit that my own suggestion was not quite up to ElReg standards, but no one else? Pity.)

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: No good backronym for LINDSAY?

Well, I think we should reserve Lindsay for a future endeavour...

5. Dr. Mouse

Sulking

I'm still sulking coz you thought "Binary Response at Altitude" was unsuitable, so no vote from me.

6. TheRealRoland
    Happy

I'd vote for NAOMI

If only to see if the spelling mistake would make it through!

NAOMI - Nearspace __Autononous__ Operation Motor Igniter

Re: I'd vote for NAOMI

Sadly not - outrage now corrected.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

NAOMI should be reserved for a future project - such as determining the terminal velocity of a mobile phone.

Re: Re: I'd vote for NAOMI

I'm inclined to agree. We just need a mobe, a pneumatic cannon and a cowering lackey and we're in business with this project.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Well there you have it. The Reg is wondering what it should add to its review sections; publishing the effect of a well-aimed mobe (ranging from 'ouch!' through to 'quick trip to casualty and police caution') would set you apart from the competition.

'Whilst some would criticise the Lumia 920 for its large size and weight, our ballistics test (video below) shows that the handset is a new benchmark when settling disputes with the domestic help. Recommended.'

2. Fatman

Re: pneumatic cannon and a cowering lackey

You know, if you could get your hands on a bunch of old iPhones, and make the trip to Redmond Washington, I could suggest a suitable "lackey" to attempt this project with.

He has this reputation for chucking chairs out of buildings.

</snark>

This topic is closed for new posts.