back to article MS plugs 'highly exploitable' IE 9 hole in November Patch Tuesday

November's Patch Tuesday brought six updates, four of them critical, starring fixes for Windows 8 and a patch that addresses a highly exploitable vulnerability in IE 9. Vulnerability management firm Qualys rates the Internet Explorer update (MS12-071) as easily the most urgent. Left unpatched, the set of four flaws easily lend …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. 404

Win8Pro

My, My... one of those "328MB - 420MB download, depending" kind of updates... hate those ones...

Done.

;)

2. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Linux

Yep 125Mb of patches

for a system that was fully patched as of a week ago.

IE 9 - 25Mb

.Net 4 - 70+ Mb

What a shambles. I'll be installing a few other patches and the rest of it can wait for a rainy afternoon when I have not got anything better to do.

Oh for a RHEL level of patching.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yep 125Mb of patches

"for a system that was fully patched as of a week ago."

It could of been up to date 30 seconds before makes bugger all difference. MS release them once a month as that is what they were asked to do by sysadmins, unless there is a big reason not to do.

3. Antony Riley
    Facepalm

Font handling in the kernel - wtf.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will they never learn?

This batch also had a Visual Studio update that created a folder full of EULAnnn.txt and other files on a hard disk that it had no business to access. Some bright spark at MS dreamed up some code to find the HD with the most free space and write to that - even if a removeable drive! I thought this had been fixed a couple of years ago, but it seems old code never dies.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like