back to article McAfee founder claims police framing him for murder

John McAfee, antivirus pioneer and current fugitive from the Belizean police, claims he is being set up by locals as the fall guy for the murder of his next-door neighbor. "Under no circumstances am I going to willingly talk to the police in this country," he told Wired. "You can say I'm paranoid about it but they will kill me …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh dear

Too much Colombian nosebag me thinks.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

He's

Probably right, but hey he's probably also guilty of something, so who cares.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Oh dear

More like Belizean ass-salts

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I hear...

I hear Hans Reiser is looking for a roomie....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I hear...

Hey if they get together they could come up with some really killer apps

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LMAO

"He claims to have buried himself in the sand to evade police who came to search his home, leaving his head covered by a cardboard box so that he could breathe."

For some reason the dialogue kept going in my head after I read that:

[...He saves jars of his urine in the attic above his bed and mixes in a small amount of his own dried feces into his breakfast every morning in a quest to boost his immune system and gain immortality. The aluminum foil wrapped around his testes keep microwave radiation from mutating his babymakers...]

<actual quote> "I have been able to dedicate myself to a brand new field of study (not even named yet), that uses the control of bacterial gene regulation to create some fairly astonishing stuff... I am positive, without any shadow of a doubt, that Ulitimate Sextacy... was the very first bacterial psychoactive drug created ... Those of you who are trying out Ultimate Sextacy as we speak, will attest to the brand new universe of libido enhancement that it creates.... We are in a new age folks." </actual quote> (Ref)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The gift that keeps on giving

<actual quote> "As an aside -- with Ultimate Sextacy, plugging is the preferred route for the cognoscenti. I'm not fond of plugging, but have to admit that this product works far better plugging than bumping (can't even hazard as guess as to why) - although bumping will definitely get you there.

Sounds rough, but those in the know simply plug the pure powder. Measure your dose, apply a small amount of saliva to just the tip of your middle finger, press it against the dose, insert. Doesn't really hurt as much as it sounds.

We're in an arena (drugs/libido) that I navigate as well as anyone on the planet here. If you take my advice about this (may sound gross to some of you perhaps), you will be well rewarded."</actual quote> (Ref)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: dialogue kept going in my head ..

> ...He saves jars of his urine in the attic ..

Where exactly is that quote from ?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: dialogue kept going in my head ..

Sorry if I wasn't clear, the […] was just joking around.

5. DrXym

I believe him

That picture says "completely sane" to me.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Next time

Burn the cardboard on the property.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm, local police have raided his lab, killed his dogs (twice?) and now are "accusing him of murder" and will" kill him if he is found", and yet, he chooses to stay because it's a great place?

This guy just isn't all there in the head.

1. Oninoshiko

which leads me to the conclusion that they will "kill him if found" may be a teeniest bit of exaggeration...

1. Raumkraut

"kill him if found" may be a teeniest bit of exaggeration...

Given that he apparently has a passion for firearms, and currently seems to be feeling a bit out of sorts, I wouldn't be surprised if he would refuse to go quietly if confronted; making it something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

2. DJ Smiley
        Facepalm

Or he's hiding something and trying to go anywhere else will cause too many questions.

Clearly the police are incompetent - they didn't find him on the beach under a cardboard box? I'm sure thats not the first time I've heard of someone hiding like this, and in a place with lots of beaches I'd expect to have expected the police to have heard of it too.

The point stands however, if he's really innocent he can easily seek refuge to many countries, Belize is hardly a place I expect that most places have a extradition agreement with? Especially if he thinks he'll be killed upon arrival.

8. Blofeld's Cat
    Black Helicopters

Remember...

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that they are not all out to get you.

9. Raumkraut
    Black Helicopters

I wish to register a complaint

"Faull had filed a complaint about McAfee's recent behavior on Wednesday"

Filed a complaint with whom? The police? Are we supposed to just take their word on that? If the authorities really are out to get a guy, manufacturing a "complaint" to provide probable cause could take all of five minutes.

10. Valerion
    Coat

Trial

So if he has a trial, will it last 30 days?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Addition to my previous post.

I remember using shareware McAfee from a floppy back in the very early 90's, when it was a DOS based scanner and took forever to complete. Had to D/L it from local Bulletin Boards.

Back then, it was the best thing since.......hell, I think it was the only one I knew of at the time! We used to sit around talking about the software, the company, new viruses (back then they were far and few between, )

If you had told us back then that the guy who started all that would be a millionaire hold in some foreign country ranting some crazy shit and possibly a murderer..........

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sounds familiar

By an odd coincidence, Apocalypse Now was on TV last night (might have been Redux). I wonder if John McAfee has a Dennis Hopper type hanging around babbling about what a genius he is.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Anti-Virus folks are crazy...

I think that Norton was the last (only?) sane AV coder.

14. Tank boy
    Black Helicopters

Who knew?

The Crazy Train has stops in Belize? I wish I could have witnessed the "crack" Belize Coast Guard mounting such an audacious campaign.

15. Booty003
    Thumb Up

Ah, Belize. Memories of superb diving, cheap booze, cheap cigars and Rauls Rose Garden..... ;-)

16. PeterM42
    Pirate

They don't want him for MURDER....

......just for producing RUBBISH SOFTWARE - McCRAPAfee anti-virus - the machine killer.

Oh, wait, perhaps that IS the murder charge.......

17. Carl Pearson

Grammar Police - Lose the Whose

Police are currently searching for McAfee after his neighbor, American expatriate builder Gregory Faull, whose body was found in his home on Sunday morning, dead from a single gunshot wound to the back of the head.

Police are currently searching for McAfee after next-door neighbor, American expatriate builder Gregory Faull, was found in his home on Sunday morning, dead from a single gunshot wound to the back of the head.

This topic is closed for new posts.