back to article Storage upstart Huawei snatches NFS filer crown

Chinese storage interloper Huawei has shattered standards body SPEC's sfs2008 Network File System (NFS) benchmark by scoring 3,064,602 IOPS. That's roughly twice as fast as rival Avere and NetApp 6240 clusters. Read about the Avere and NetApp results here. The Huawei result came from a 24-node cluster of OceanStore N8500 nodes …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. RICHTO
    Mushroom

Wonder how much faster it will be once they add SMB V3 support?

2. Michael Duke

For a change I can see a configuration like this being used for a high performance file store. Maybe swap the 2TB for 3TB to increase capacity by nearly 50% but it is actually a real world configuration unlike EMC's VNX result.

3. Foxx
    Meh

Lots of hardware for the performance

That's 12 storage arrays in total and a boatload of SSD drives to get there. The price tag for this has to be way up there for what you get.

4. JaitcH
    Happy

Any day now the US Congress will have a hearing about ...

security, back-doors, etc. built in to storage systems.

Americans can't accept that other companies/countries can successfully compete without copying.

Well done, Huawei!

5. K
    Thumb Up

Not bad kit..

I tested Huawei kit a couple of weeks ago, very well priced and it run really well.

Unfortunately, information about the Huawei systems is sparse and since they are still the new-kid on the block for storage, I've absolutely no indication how good their support is. So I couldn't take the gamble and ended up running with EMC (better the devil you know!).

6. jato
    Holmes

Not scaleout NAS, Not a single file system exported

Reviewing details of the Huaweii results they configured like 24 independent filesystems, so its not a single file system test like Isilon one. You just need to divide the number of NFS ops by the number filesystems to get an actual value of 100K NFS ops per filesystem.... far away of scaleout NAS results given on Isilon >1M NFS ops on 1 Filesystem....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like