back to article Shuttle XPC X200M mini PC

We gave a brief rundown of the Shuttle X200 at the beginning of January and now it's time for a proper look at the new media centre PC. Externally, the X200 is near-identical to the X100HA that we previously reviewed as it uses the same sleek case. So it's still absolutely tiny, with dimensions of 21 x 30 x 6cm. Shuttle X200 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Peter Kay

Looks pointless and decidedly lacklustre for high definition playback, to me...

That's a very expensive product for something that hasn't been tested with a high definition source. For that sort of money I'd expect something that can handle HD-DVD or Bluray in the future with ease.

I really question the emphasis of the review - the omission of firewire is far more serious than the addition of two PS/2 ports (cost of a USB to PS/2 adaptor : a tenner). Compared to the 100HA (which is itself expensive) it's terribly unattractive.

What, exactly, is the point of a product which can only watch TV/DVDs (as it is unusable for games and flawed at web browsing).? For 850 quid you can purchase Toshiba's bleeding edge 1080p HD-DVD player *and* an embedded DVR. The HD-DVD player will play CDs too, which XP Media Centre won't...

2. Garry Bettle

Where to buy?

Howdy,

Does anyone know where I could buy this pc? I'm trying to order one for delivery before the 17th of February.

Can't seem to find a supplier here in the UK. Does the manufacturer deal direct to the public?

Many thanks,

Garry

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shuttle's is high on Junk, again!!

Here's another highly overpriced Shuttle... They must figure at some point people will believe computers that cost more than Macs must be better. Unless you enjoy the pains of owning crapy tech products and using even worse tech support and customer service, stay away from Shuttle computers. Get a Mac, Dell or even HP for your small form factor systems. I'd even take a lenovo! They are better and you won't get ripped off nearly as much as you do buying one of these.

This topic is closed for new posts.