back to article China tries for 2012 WORLD cluster compo DOMINATION

According to Chinese astrologers, 2012 is the Year of the Dragon, and it’s certainly been a most auspicious year for Chinese HPC student cluster teams. So far this year*, China has completely dominated the Student Cluster Competition circuit. China's Tsinghua and NUDT university teams took both the Overall and highest LINPACK …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Footnote

>Yes, nitpickers, I’m keeping in mind that Chinese New Year began on 2/4/2012.

Actually, it started on 4/2/2012

1. frank ly

Re: Footnote

Was that 2nd April (UK convention) or February 4th (US convention), or 4th February or April 2nd ?

1. danolds

Re: Footnote

I always use the US convention....so February 4th, 2012 and from everything I can see, the Chinese Astrology New Year indeed began on February 4th, 2012

2. mhenriday
    Boffin

While we are nitpicking -

the Chinese New Year started, of course, on 2012-02-04 - it might be worthwhile to note that it might be difficult to reach the University of Science & Technology of China (中国科学技术大学) following the instructions in the article («[l]ocated in the city of Hefie [sic !]»), given that no such city exists. Better to try Hefei (合肥), where, indeed, the National High Performance Computing Centre (pardon the spelling) - 国家高性能计算中心 - one of the 33 laboratories and research centers under the USTC, is to be found....

Otherwise, interesting article ; we'll have to see how it goes for the Chinese and other teams at the cluster fest !...

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like