back to article Sony's iOS Reader app hits iTunes - TWO YEARS LATE

In January 2011, Apple rejected Sony’s Reader app for iDevices. Sony today revealed the software is back on the cards. A “media alert” from Sony US was issued at lunchtime today headed, “Sony Reader Store Introduces Reader for iOS.” Unfortunately, the alert links to an empty HTML page, as does the headline that appears on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You know..

Having suffered the indignity of a potentially compromised credit card via Sony Computer Entertainment, I think I'd rather prefer to take my chances with Amazon or Apple, at a pinch.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: You know..

You know that CC details were never taken right? Or did you just believe what you read on xbox forums?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: You know..

No, but I do believe Sony when they tell me to cancel my credit card because their security has failed.

Fuckwit.

2. JaimieV

Sony, Apple and Amazon

in a fight for "most evil corporation". WHO WILL WIN?

(Google, obviously)

3. PhilipN Silver badge

No, it didn't ...

..hit iTunes. At least not here in Hong Kong, where I originally became an Apple subscriber, where many apps including the Sony Reader are not available. Keerist we have been able to buy music etc only very recently.

And no need to say change my location. A UK VPN site I use doesn't fool iTunes. Change my details at Apple? Doesn't work without a UK credit card and address.

FWIW you can fool Sony USA from a desktop using a US VPN service. Otherwise there would be no way even to D/L Sony's Reader software.

Greetings from the rest of the planet East of Dover and West of Hawaii.

1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Not "the rest of the planet"

Hate to break this to you, but you're in China. You must adjust your expectation of free speech accordingly. Heavens, you could read -anything- with this software. There was just a book read on BBC radio, probably a new one, that commented on agricultural policy that was not necessarily to China's advantage.

China is quite a large slice of the planet, but it isn't a majority of the dry land.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WHY ARE EL REG USING UNNECESSARY CAPITALS IN THEIR HEADLINES?

IT'S CRAP - STOP IT

5. cortezcortez

MS bundles Internet Explorer with software packages, but stops no-one from choosing any alternative. The US and the EU fine it hundreds of millions of dollars and ride its back for years (they still are) and forces it to offer its customers a link to its competitors.

Apple bans apps which allows owners of iDevices to buy things outside of iTunes. Neither the US nor the EU bats an eyelid.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like