back to article Facebook Phone rumours are back: And probably true this time

The Facebook Phone rumours are back again. This time it's absolutely, positively, certainly, proven to exist by gadget blog Pocket-Lint and its "very reliable source". Sarcasm aside, it's true that a Facebook Phone has never had a better reason to exist. Pocket-Lint reckons the Facebook Phone, made by HTC and named "HTC Opera …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Zuck off, there's enough mobile platforms already.

2. frank ly

call it the FaceFone from now on

Just an idea; it's easier to remember than TIFKAM and others.

1. P. Lee

Re: call it the FaceFone from now on

There's an IT Crowd episode in there somewhere...

3. Panzerbjorn
    Facepalm

Just a shame it's HTC. After two of their phones I'm staying well clear of them...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Goody

Does these mean that facebois will just buy a dedicated phone and other manufacturers can stop clogging up the memory with pre-installed FB apps that I don't want and can't uninstall (Sony Xperia)

actually, bet they carry on anyway...bum.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: apps that I don't want and can't uninstall

What did you expect from Sony?

5. Code Monkey
    Thumb Down

Give it about 6 months and the idea of a Facebook phone will sound as laughable as a MySpace phone.

6. Wize

Is it just rebranded Android or a new operating system?

HTC did make a Facebook phone before. They took the very useful scroll button away (was on the early Desire series) and put a blue F button instead. A step back in functionality if you ask me.

7. envmod

laughable

as someone else said - the idea of a facebook phone is laughable - as laughable as a myspace phone, or a linkedin phone or a pinterest phone. also, nobody will buy it anyway - facebook has no brand. they obviously believe that they have a valuable brand, nut they are very clearly mistaken, as their rapidly dwindling stock value is proving. social networking is like, so passe anyway. it was a craze for a bit in the late noughties which is now dying off (thank god).

1. Rich 30

Re: laughable

"rapidly dwindling stock value" - it's been pretty even for along time now.

2. ratfox

Good point. Amazon may have the content required to make their Android fork attractive. Facebook, in itself, hardly justifies a separate OS. At best, this can be a standard Android phone with a handful Facebook apps…

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"...the idea of a facebook phone is laughable..."

I think the same was said of Google, who used to be just a search engine.

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. ishaqx
    FAIL

Facebook, rather than creating another platform to garden wall their users should be spending more time or standardising an API for cross platform communication with other social media platforms. Users should not be restricted to just one app/platform, but rather be able to communicate across them all (a bit like email and phone calls).

1. Rafael L

A bit like Web standards?

10. Rafael L
    Mushroom

Naysayers are annoying... You really expect no success for a FACEBOOK PHONE?

People wants it. This will "sell rivers" here in Brazil with the right price...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like