back to article Diners in 'suck my d**k' bill outrage

A group of chums who were less than impressed with the service at a Staffordshire restaurant learned the hard way that you don't mess with England's waiting staff and walk away unscathed. The 10 friends had booked a table in the Joe Delucci's Italian restaurant in Lichfield for 8pm last Friday. Clare Watkin, 32, recounted to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. k0rrupt10n
    Paris Hilton

Cheap at half the price...

Don't know about you lot, but up my way they charge a lot more for item three...

2. Michael Croft
    Alert

Compensation is for things actually harm you...

She'd like some compensation? I'm sure she would. I felt sorry for her until she tried to profit from being treated badly.

If I could get compensated every time someone said or did something stupid near me, I'd be rich just from the choices of the microsoft office development team, not to mention local TV newscasters and every government official ever.

I'd like to be compensated for being exposed to this woman's venality and greed. Where do I apply for a check?

3. John Macintyre
    IT Angle

missing the point

"That shouldn't come out on the bill, so we've got to find out what's gone wrong there."

So they do this regularly? Is it an item they can add at random or is it a custom entry under some category as to identify generic complainers? Is there a separate menu where one could order such items?

IT angle, as it's their POS system that clearly prints items under the category of 'bastard' when it should hide those items. Sue the company that made it for them! Love to know what else they have entered in the past

4. dervheid
    Happy

I imagine...

that they'll be telling them EXACTLY where they can shove their offer of a free meal!

5. James Bryant

big mistake

this is why when i worked in a restaurant i always sent abuse to the kitchen on a seperate check.

6. Stu
    Boffin

So by the looks of things...

...the manager didn't see anything wrong with swearing at customers, just that it shouldn't have reached their ears (eyes). Niiiiice.

>Langsdon has also offered to donate the bill for their meal to a local children's hospice.

The hospice shouldnt have to pay their bloody bill, thats sheer madness*. Let alone one with swearing all over it*!

* joking ffs!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Could be worse

The waiter could have told them exactly what bodily fluids he added to their food. Not exactly reasonable waiting times, I read somewhere else that it took 2 hours to get their food.

8. Damian Gabriel Moran
    Joke

that's what you get...

for asking the waiter if he has dough balls, and when they arrive asking him if he has a knob of butter!

cheque please!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

this is normal...

We used to do this at the restaurant I greased my elbows at during my yoof. Put through an open (custom) food or drink item with value £0 and you can describe it however you like...

The abuse is more likely aimed at the kitchen staff (not the customer), since the aforementioned salutation will pop up nicely on their computer screen/ticket printer. Shouldn't appear on the bill. If I wanted to get revenge on a customer I'd think of something much more direct, preferably involving bodily fluids...

It was hilarious. Honest.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Hahahahahha.

Reminds me of when I worked in a kitchen of a bar last year: I would always send messages to the barstaff, who processed the bills. Once my friend completley missed that I had typed "HELLO YOU GINGER BASTARD" on this check, and he sent it off to a middle-aged gentleman. Luckily he found it in good humour, and circled the offending item, and wrote "I didn't order this, you git", payed, and left...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Homework Assignment

Mission: All locals to restaurant in question, visit said establishment, order your drinks, and upon receipt of beverages and ordering food, request item "SUCK MY DICK FUCK FACE". If manager gets involved in pursuant ruckus, complain about false advertising and leave. (payment of drinks is optional and in proportion of amount of comotion created.)

12. Ryan Greenaway
    Joke

Absolutely Disgraceful

£4.95 for fish cakes????

What a rip off

This topic is closed for new posts.