back to article Hobbits enlisted to make punters look at the air-safety vid

Air New Zealand is trying to overcome passengers’ near-universal zone-out during the mandatory safety video by enlisting hobbits, elves and orcs. In a tie-in with Peter Jackson’s upcoming hobbit movie (which looks like ending up longer than the Lord of the Rings trilogy), the airline has this to offer on YouTube: And yes, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris Miller
    Happy

Very good

But I preferred the one with the 'naked' cabin staff.

2. Peter Murphy

Good ad

But I'd wish they'd got Sauron to take his helmet off. A bit of a Workplace Health and Safety issue, especially in the "Brace" position.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Other Hobbit

Maybe he should have titled it "The Original Hobbit" then had a lawyer send a letter to Peter Jackson.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

About time these copyrights expired

Just how long are these Tolkien estate leeches going to be making a living off the great JRR's work? It's not as if they were preserving the dignity of the original works when they allow 'official' coins and toys to keep the cash rolling in, but hound a scientific lecture that harmlessly used a term that pretty well has become a part of the language.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Air NZ does this all the time...

They've had naked safety videos, they've had the All Blacks, they've had Richard Simmons, the list goes on.

It's what keeps the Air New Zealand brand fresh.

6. Captain TickTock
    Headmaster

Tolkien

You can add it to your spell-checker

7. Anonymous C0ward
    Joke

Royd?

Wouldn't happen to be married to someone called Emma, would he?

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. nordwars
    Thumb Up

Decent

This is the first one of these that I haven't found cringeworthy. Very good.

This topic is closed for new posts.