back to article Sony promotes Vita with QUAD-JUBBED WOMAN

Sony has begun advertising the PlayStation Vita in French magazines by comparing the device to a woman with four breasts. "Deux faces tactiles, deux fois plus de sensations,” breathes the Gallic ad - photographed and posted on Twitter - to promote of the handheld's front touchscreen and rear touchpad. Translation: two …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. FartingHippo
    Thumb Up

Ahhh, the French

Sometime you love 'em, sometimes you hate 'em. I'm going with the former on this occasion.

Qu'est-ce que le mot francais pour "jubbs?"

1. Ru
      Holmes

Re: Ahhh, the French

"Nichon" is the only french mammary colloquialism I've come across. Etymology unknown, and I doubt it has quite the same degree of informality. Maybe it is closer to 'boob' than 'jub'.

1. Robert Helpmann??
        Childcatcher

If I recall correctly, "balcon" (lit. balcony) is used to refer to a prominent pair.

1. TRT Silver badge
          Headmaster

haut couilles

2. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Re: "balcon" (lit. balcony) is used to refer to a prominent pair.

Only in the expression "il y a du monde au balcon" (roughly "this balcony is crowded") which can mean either "nice pair" or "that push-up bra is a bit too much" (or both, as it happens).

2. ElReg!comments!Pierre
        Headmaster

"Nichon" is the only french mammary colloquialism I've come across.

Nichons nibards roberts roploplos miches (although that can also be used for the gluteus maximus), loches, ogives, pare-chocs, etc...

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Sorry, almost forgot "lolos", "obus" and "boules" (the latter only encountered in Quebec I think).

I'm sure I forgot a few others...

1. Ru
            Holmes

"boules" (the latter only encountered in Quebec I think).

Sounds like someone has been searching for highly subjective colloquialisms on a certain set of "crowd sourced" websites. A little more reputable than Urban Dictionary, but not by a whole lot.

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre
              FAIL

Re: Ahhh, the French @ Ru

"Sounds like someone has been searching for highly subjective colloquialisms on a certain set of "crowd sourced" websites. A little more reputable than Urban Dictionary, but not by a whole lot."

Dead wrong. I was born and raised in France ('til I was 28, if you must know), and I now live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I think I know a thing or two about how chesticles are colloquially called by my fellow frenchmen. And I like to think I'm also quite up to date on the Quebec lingo versions.

As far as credentials go that's a bit better than what you have to offer. No offense intended, but I still fart on your general direction just to fit the stereotype.

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre
                Coat

PS: Re: I was born and raised in France

Yes, you are allowed to say that I have hands-on experience in the matter. I got all these informations first-hand. That's a question I can handle just fine. etc...

2. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

airbags. oui.

2. DJ 2
      Happy

Bo-bo.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

yay for sensationalist "news" about regional advertising.

slow "news" day?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: yay for sensationalist "news" about regional advertising.

Slow/no "sense of humour" day? Loads of news coming up on my feed from El Reg today, but nothing made me smile like this.

What's the betting this AC is merely that boring Sony shill Shitpeas talking bollocks again? Stop stroking your Vita mate and go get a life.

3. Stoneshop
    Coat

Worth exploring

And no, I don't mean the PS

4. King Jack
    Joke

The Real Playstation

That woman is what I call a REAL playstation.

5. Mark 30

She may not be much to look at but I'll be she's great to dance with.

1. Harvey Trowell
      Coat

Agreed

I wasn't sure at first, but now I concur. I four tit through.

2. Mike Flugennock
      Thumb Up

D'ohh, damn...

...beat me to it with the old Benny Hill reference.

6. Charlie van Becelaere
    Paris Hilton

ahem indeed

that is all.

1. TRT Silver badge

Re: ahem indeed

it looks like she ran into a wall full tilt.

7. Harvey Trowell
    Stop

Dude

"I nearly had a stroke myself."

Dude, nobody needs to swing by El Reg last thing Thursday afternoon only to be rewarded with the mental image of you rubbing one out whilst thumbing French glossies on the throne. Thanks a lot.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Dude

thanks mate for replacing a humorous quip that can be easily brushed aside with a crystal clear image that I don't want to have.

8. Stuart 22
    Unhappy

We wuzz robbed!

I can (almost) see only three ...

9. Aaron Em

So the point of the ad

is that the Vita requires twice as many hands to use properly as most people are likely to have?

1. David Webb
      Coat

Re: So the point of the ad

No, it means you'll feel a tit when using it.........

<-- owns a Vita

10. tekHedd
    Meh

"Oh it's so sexist shame on you Sony etc etc!"

It's not so much "sexist" as it is "objectifying of women" but that's harder to say. Yes, it's basically unfair to gay men, straight women, and, you know, anyone who doesn't particularly want to touch boobies, but I'm not sure that counts as sexist, precisely. I

'm not sure it would come across the same in the "four man boobs" version.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anybody else remember The Goodies...

Anybody else remember The Goodies... The episode where they were running credits, and they had:

"The dumb blond with the big tits"

followed by

"The big blond with the dumb tits"

(Bill Oddie in drag, with the dress and bra on backwards)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Headmaster

Re: Anybody else remember The Goodies...

Close, but no cigar ... it was an episode of The Young Ones ("Oil", if I remember rightly)

12. mdava

Risque French ads

Reminds of this quality effort http://files.coloribus.com/files/adsarchive/part_359/3599205/file/manix-lubricant-harbour-small-98340.jpg

13. Mike Flugennock

Impressive, but...

...how can it possibly compare to The Man With Three Buttocks?

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This silver lining has a cloud...

Great if you are breast man, but how about us blokes that love the female derrière?

15. Adrian Barnett
    Unhappy

Man, ordinary bras are fiddly enough, a double-sider is going to be a nightmare.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. ElReg!comments!Pierre
      Coat

RE: ordinary bras are fiddly enough

What are you banging on about? I never had any trouble. All unfasten in less than 3 seconds, with one hand; and that's with the other hand otherwise occuppied and most of the blood supply diverted away from the brain.

The most common variety unfastens in a fraction of a second by just pinching the 2 sides together (possibly with a slight sliding motion in the most "fiddly" cases). If you do it right she won't even notice until it begins to slide away.

But then again, I actually AM French...

3. adam payne

It's all in the technique.

Practice makes perfect as some might say.

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre
        Happy

Re: It's all in the technique

> Practice makes perfect as some might say.

Right. To be honest (as hard as that may be for a filthy Frenchman like me), the only time I had real trouble with a funbag-container was with a deliciously feminine Northumberland girl who happened to need tailor-made garments (with industrial-strength fasteners). "Northumberland" has had a sexy ring to it for me ever since...

16. Mark76

Not New

Of course, you do know this is a straight rip off from How I Met Your Mother. Right?

17. Ramazan
  18. Wombling_Free
    Boffin

So where do her erogenous zones start?

Based on Eccentrica Galumbits, the triple-breasted whore of Eroticon VI, this french lass would be 30% further away?

19. Patrick R
    Holmes

frog translator please

"Tactiles" does not translate to "touchable" but to "touch sensitive". Anyone on a tech site would know that.

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre
      Coat

Re: frog translator please

> not [...] "touchable" but [...] "touch sensitive".

She may be both...

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've heard of ...

the beast with 2 backs...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like