back to article FISH IN SPAAACE: New 'nauts and piscine pals head for Xmas on ISS

The latest crew of 'nauts are on their way to join their crewmates on the International Space Station after the Soyuz TMA-06M blasted off safely this morning. The Soyuz capsule set off from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 10.15am BST, carrying flight engineers Kevin Ford, Oleg Novitskiy and Evgeny Tarelkin. The NASA and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fish in space

Smoke me a kipper...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Fish in space

I'll be back for breakfast.

2. Psyx
    Joke

Hope nobody knocks the tank over!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You can't knock something over in micro-gravity...

(Yes, I did see the joke icon. However, I am a pedantic asshole.)

3. Me3
    Facepalm

This proves we have made contact with extraterrestrials... Now they're packing babel fish....

4. Grikath
    Pint

not safe at all, but....

Imagine the 'nauts setting up a ball of water in one of the rooms, and just toss in a fish or two.

Given water + microgravity + equipment = Murphy 101 too bloody dangerous to do, but it would look so damn cool...

1. E 2

Re: not safe at all, but....

That would be very neat. Then the ball eventually hits a wall and sticks, you would have a wall of fish!

5. Maikol

LEO hanky/panky

I know its been covered in the past, I know NASA officially denied it, but is it not possible that some intimate moments occured either on ISS or in Shuttle missions particuarly with the husband/wife nauts that flew some time ago. Wouldnt they want to be the first or part of an exclusive club? Maybe after these guys/gals retire an autobiography will share some more info.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
      Happy

Re: LEO hanky/panky

I think you'll find it's been called the "Three Dolphins Club"

2. Colin Brett
      Headmaster

"I know NASA officially denied it, but is it not possible that some intimate moments occured either on ISS or in Shuttle missions particuarly with the husband/wife nauts that flew some time ago."

Bond got there first with Dr Holly Goodchild in Moonraker. Or was it Goodhead? I can't remember completely but I do recall Q said

"I think he's attempting re-entry."

Colin

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
        Coat

"I think he's attempting re-entry."

If it *has* been done, its probably been said.

6. Colin Brett
    Coat

Why the apostrophe?

"The latest crew of 'nauts are on their way to join their crewmates on the International Space Station"

Why use the term " 'nauts" ? I understand the apostrophe indicates missing letters in the regular expression (i.e. astro , cosmo or taiko) but surely El Reg should honour IT wildcards and use an asterisk "*"? Then the expression could be read as "star-nauts" which seems more fitting.

Colin

PS: What does "naut" mean? Is it "sailor", "crew", "hand"? I ask merely for information.

It's time to go ...

1. Swarthy
      Black Helicopters

Re: Why the apostrophe?

or "splat-nauts" which would be.. depressing.

<-- because it looks like it went splat.

2. Studley

They're clearly...

codmonauts

3. E 2

Re: Why the apostrophe?

* qua wildcard would turn nauts into the set af all things that end in 'naut'.

I think we have no argonauts in space.

7. plrndl
    Pint

Presumably chips have already been subjected to adequate testing. I'll pop in when the pub closes.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Half and half

--Half and half I mean, says the citizen. A fellow that's neither fish nor flesh.

--Nor good red herring, says Joe.

--That what's I mean, says the citizen. A piteog, if you know what that is.

9. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like