back to article Imation cutting 20 per cent of workforce amid losses

Imation is slashing one fifth of its workforce as part of a cost cutting programme and exploring "strategic options" for its consumer electronics biz. The troubled maker of tape, disk and optical media has reported yet another quarter of losses - it hasn't posted a profit since the end of 2009 - and needs to take corrective …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nooooooo....

Don't make me switch from TDK to PANASONIC miniDV tape

Don't make me find that other brand of USB stick with the write protect switch.

simplify the days when you made 64 MB usb flash sticks, with the write protect switch- a work of ART!

Even today "the Clip" with write protect switch you need a needle (this time) to get at.

Yes, clearly these are my favorite products by you.

Usb sticks with write protect switch.

TDK MiniDV tape

Just think, the clip that comes on the clip could save your dog's life when mountain climbing. Don't fire your employees, arrest the god damn banksters HFT'ing your stock price, get out of the stock markets is the best bet. The stock market isn't a market anymore, it is a muppet slaughterhouse. Okay, read the writing on the wall, those skittles that came out of that unicorn's ass were from gang raping muppets. Oh I'm sorry did I just call you a muppet? I guess we are all muppets for allowing this bs to continue. Before firing 20,000 people though, I think I would have 600 government officials arrested for breaking their oath and allowing that god damn federal reserve bank to print our fscking money.

1. Captain Scarlet
      Unhappy

Re: Nooooooo....

From what I have seen they have tried to continue or launch in products lines which now increasing less people use, as broadband takes the need for physical media away they have a smaller market.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll make a correction

I said 20,000 people I made that number up, I said 600 I made that number up. Hopefully you got my point.

I have exclusively used TDK, for a series for 6 years and with many sub projects.

I think with technology it's like running a professional kitchen, you don't want 100 things on your menu. You want a few killer items.

I like the Clip (obviously) it was way too hard to learn that the clip has that write protect switch, maybe just fixing that problem so when I search for "write protect switch" I get IMATION CLIP (tm) Just saying, 1/5 of the workforce ought to be able to fix that problem. I don't remember seeing a lot of TDK commercials, you'd figure actually making miniDV tape, you'd point some at yourself..

God bless that 1/5th workforce. I hope they find something to survive soon.

and GOd DAMN the fascist government and banksters burn in fucking hell.

3. PeterM42
    FAIL

If Imation goes.......

... I for one will not miss them. I stopped buying Imation because their floppy disks and blank CDs were so unreliable.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Couln''t they just pack them more densely instead of reducing their number? ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.