back to article SAP vows to unravel user snarl-up over software licensing

SAP is "actively discussing" ways to make its software licensing easier to understand, the software giant has told The Reg. A spokesperson for SAP, the world’s largest maker of business software, said it plans to announce specifics “shortly.” SAP didn’t provide any more details, but the statement follows a damning …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Rose
    Thumb Down

Users

There never seems to be any reporting of the extent of end user dissatisfaction with SAP. By end user, I mean the people who actually use it day to day as opposed to the IT directors & managers who make purchasing decisions. As someone who's worked with the end users in various organisations, I have yet to meet an end user who actually likes using SAP.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/thumb_up_32.png

http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/thumb_down_32.png

PS I can rarely get these 'thumb' icons to appear underneath my posts.

1. Gj2012
      Happy

Re: Users

You've obviously worked in organisations where they don't use it properly then.

I've seen a lot of organisations where it works well, where it's used right...don't believe all the negative reports, positive news doesn't often make news stories! :)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Users

Happy Sappers? Come on then, name 10.

Failed implementations? Here's a couple:

British Airways

City of Portland, Tacoma

Bedford, Newcastle Universities

Cadbury Schweppes

Hewlett Packard

BOC

ICI

General Motors

Volkswagen

Somerfield

WH Smith

BBC

LEgo

Bang and Olufsen

FoxMeyer

Plus a few I know of personally but can't comment on.

2. pixl97

Confu$$ion

Complicated license schemes are always good for the seller. Clear license terms are always better for the buyer. If the the buyer isn't confused about what he needs how will he overbuy the stuff he doesn't, and isn't ever going to use. You don't have to provide support for the software the customer pays for but doesn't use.

3. peter 45
    WTF?

SAP management

are obviously right on top of listenng to their customers.......well apart for needing an survey to realise that 95% of them are pissed off.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like