back to article Iffy image said to signify incoming 10in Google tablet

It’s thumb and forefinger sodium chloride collection time, perhaps, but a photo has turned up on Google’s Picasa picture-sharing site that was taken on a device called the Nexus 10. The reference to the device is embedded in the image’s EXIF photo metadata. The picture, uploaded on 15 October, is of a rather blurry multi- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. eSeM

2560 x 1920

That is going to need a big battery .....

2. EddieD

Calibration chart, surely?

It's measured in CMY values, and if so, hardly pointless, if you're calibrating new imaging sofware, for, say, a new imaging platform with a 5MP camera.

Admittedly though, you are correct, EXIF data is somewhat easy to forge.

3. Andy Roid McUser
    Go

hope it's true

Have been looking for an excuse to upgrade my still excellent GED Motorola xoom as my only complaint is that its a little heavy first generation device. Having purchased a super light nexus 7 16gb for the wife, I would jump at a nexus 10. Not quite willing to queue overnight for one like an iFan, but maybe get one the day after. I may be British but I don't stand in lines when it can be delivered to my house by a man in a van..

This may well be faked exif data but it would be logical for the chocolate factory to launch a 10" version.

No doubt, samsung will launch a 7.86" and a 9.71" version in short succession. ( joke )

1. Bit Brain

Re: hope it's true

No need to queue overnight if Ebuyer send them out a week early again like they did with the N7.

4. uhuznaa

Not so easy at all

I mean, a 10" tablet is easy, but on the Nexus 7 the usual smartphone Android apps are already a bit of a letdown. A handful of tiny buttons squeezed into the top-left corner, lots of empty screen and hitting the menu button for just about everything won't get more fun on 10".

After using a Nexus 7 for a few weeks now I can fully understand why the larger Android tablets didn't sell. There are hardly any tablet apps for Android. It's just about bearable on the (still rather small) Nexus 7, but on a larger tablet? No, thanks.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If this story said "iPad" instead of "Google" a few hundred fanbois would be in the cardiac ward due to racing pulses.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If that's an example image then the camera is utter crap.

7. Bucky 2
    Pint

Surprised

I'm surprised El Reg missed an opportunity for a headline like "Iffy image said to signify incoming Google 10-incher."

8. JeffyPooh
    Pint

Nope... It's the Sony Nexus X.

I'm pretty sure it's actually the new Sony Nexus X.

(Lesson from recent history...)

Gotta run, I'm going to upload some subtle fake honeypot tech pictures to various websites.

9. Martin
    FAIL

Thumb and forefinger sodium chloride collection time...?

Hmmm. A bit too clever-clever, IMHO...

10. Arachnoid

Its probably the new Playbook 10" in disguise

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like