back to article 'PENDING LARRY QUOTE' - Google financials dunder blunder

This was the week some Googler's finger slipped at just the wrong moment, sending its rather worrying financial results out a mite too early. The Chocolate Factory's third quarter profits were much lower than expected and its revenue, famed for continued growth, has slowed down. It was quite clear that the early release was a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TRT Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

No news item...

about the passing of Sylvia Kristel? And it's Friday?

Paris. Because it's only right to recognise the one who opened up the market segment.

2. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Well, this is what can happen ..

.. when a 3rd party has your personal data..

1. rvt
      Thumb Up

Re: Well, this is what can happen ..

So simple, well played, upvote to you sir!

3. Turtle

"New"?

"The online and very public break-up was spurred by WikiLeaks' new money-grubbing attitude."

"New"? Really? You *really* think that it's "new"?

No. Not "new". At all.

4. PC Paul
    FAIL

"by putting up an overlay as soon as users enter the site that they can get past unless they know to (and how to) disable Javascript."

What is it with people failing to put the negative on things these days?

They CANNOT get past it unless they know...

It isn't a different way to say it, it's just WRONG.

And I missed out on the team pub lunch today as well :-(

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Such people are trying to stay ahead of the curve

Evidently, it is no longer cool to simply have a complete disregard for proper use of English.

Instead now it is the trend to make statements that are in fact the EXACT OPPOSITE of that which they intended to say.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Such people are trying to stay ahead of the curve

Instead now it is the trend to make statements that are in fact the EXACT OPPOSITE of that which they intended to say.

That's not new either. The UK Blair government had absolute experts for that.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Holmes

I could care less!

;)

But as I do, I sent in a typo report. That's what I thought it was. I still hope so.

5. M Gale

"his usual methods of choice wouldn't work."

Now that depends on how you define "work".

The industrial virus would be taken care of, certainly.

Unfortunately, so would the rest of the machinery in an almighty conflagration.

But hey, that's got to be more fun than watching Stuxnet burn some motors out.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wikileaks has become - the One Man Julian Assange show.

Become? When was it ever anything else?

1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

Re: Wikileaks has become - the One Man Julian Assange show.

Quite right. Wars are always about the bloke in charge though they never apologise if theylive that long.

Personally I hope that he doesn't too, if he lives that long.

This is my quote of the week:

Google This is a digital copy of a book that was prcscrvod for gcncrations on library shclvcs bcforc it was carcfully scannod by Google as pari of a projcct to make the world's books discoverablc onlinc.

It looks even better if you read it in the marquee text, here:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.archive.org/stream/elcastellanoena00jagoog/elcastellanoena00jagoog_djvu.txt&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dvagarda%2Bperu%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dubuntu%26hs%3Dfwq%26channel%3Dfs%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=hJ-DUKuhGubH0QWmzoHAAw&ved=0CGUQ7gEwBw

If I had a 20 billion big red ones to play with, I'd spend it on getting the scanner fixed rather than lose it to a bunch of second rate accountants.

Off on a tangent, thinking of the monopoly's money:

How many full double decker buses is 20 billion big red ones?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
        Holmes

Re: How many full double decker buses is 20 billion big red ones?

That would depend on what you filled them with!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

bond...?

Not sure if it is just me seeing this, but I have a link underneath the "Data Centre" link in the menu bar saying "bond" then at then there is "xxxx" at the end of the line?? Am I going mad? It takes you to http://www.theregister.co.uk/bootnotes/bond/

1. ratfox
      Boffin

Re: bond...?

You are not mad. Looking at any article in a category shows the different subcategories of that category on the second row. Bond is currently the only subcategory of the bootnotes category, and this article is in the bootnotes category, as shown rather discreetly by the fact that the word in the menu bar is in bold.

As for the xxxx, dunno. Related to Bond, maybe?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like