back to article Amazon seeks 50,000 temporary elves to wrap up America's Xmas

Amazon will be taking on over 50,000 seasonal staff in the US to pack up the nation's Furbies, Lego and video games for Christmas. The mega-etailer is already hiring 10,000 short-term staff in the UK and said today that it would need five times that for its centres in America. “We’re hiring at our sites across the US for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AndrueC Silver badge
    Thumb Down

> Talented individuals.

Gotta love HR adverts. Since when did putting something in a box require 'talent'? Okay so you have to know a bit about what you're doing but it's not what I'd call talent.

1. Bill Fresher

As an olympic event, boxing must involve some 'talent'.

2. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Coat

50,000 Elves? Sindar or Noldor?

Mine is the one with the the Silmarillion in the pocket

1. Magnus Ramage

Re: 50,000 Elves? Sindar or Noldor?

Moriquendi.

3. adam payne

I have a talent for taking things out of boxes and not putting them back. Don't think i'd be able to get a job Amazon.

4. adam payne

I have a talent for taking things out og boxes and not putting them back. I don't think i'd get a job at Amazon.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Adam Payne

Reposting with a typo put in, now that's an unusual talent. Most of us try it the other way round.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"temporary associates...to help us deliver a great experience for our customers "

in English: "short-term hired help to pack parcels"

(I'll withdraw "short-term" when I've seen the statistics how many "temporary associates" actually did "stay on in full-time positions")

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like