back to article Android app dev dashboard update eases headaches

Google has overhauled the developer dashboards for its Google Play online store, with the aim of making it easier and faster for Android developers to publish, manage, and track the performance of their apps. According to a blog post by the Google Play team, the search giant first demoed the new Google Play Console at its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

really?

If it's the same group as redesigned the youtube app, and they applied the same type of design, I hope this one will get them fired. The YT app appears to have been designed to exceed bandwidth caps without the user actually having to to watch anything. Also, the title and artist appear to no longer be important.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: really?

I agree that Google aren't very good at design.

Google buy sexy looking services/platforms and they gradually hack away at them until they're ugly and harder to use.

I think it's time that they started outsourcing the frontend and general design stuff and just stick to the backend stuff that they're really good at.

But ignoring that for a moment, the new developer dashboard really is much better than the old one. But that doesn't really say too much because the old one was basically just a table with a minor bit of styling lol.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Unlike Samsung they know they shouldn't copy Apple.

Are Google paying people their money on time now or is that queuing up in their bank account still?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Give them some credit.

How hard do you think it is to maintain App intercept code without anyone growing wise to it?

And yes, as UI designers their past endeavours are, umm, no. Can't think of a better word than abysmal.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like