back to article Investors shovel another $10m of 'fuel' onto the SkyFire

Cloud-optimised browsing company SkyFire has landed another $10m investment, on top of the $30m it has already spent, to push its mobile browsing solution into Europe and Asia. Mobile browsing optimisation company SkyFire has raised another $10m from investors, on top of the $30.5m that has already been poured into the company …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Skyfire? That's name of a reasonable well known ( well in certain circles anyway! ) Swedish heavy metal band, do I smell the makings of a lawsuit?

2. Rob
    Go

Another...

... bad investment, anyone from those investors groups will be pretty pissed off in another few months to a year when the company folds no doubt. I'll also bet there's a larger chunk of the investment being spent on high management wages than server infrastructure.

I'm just guessing though, I mean it's not like this sort of thing has been done before with a tech company... um... no wait a sec...

1. jonathanb Silver badge

Re: Another...

If instagr.am is "worth" $1bn, and Facebook is "worth" $100bn, I'm sure there is some idiot somewhere who will buy it off them for at least $500m.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. mickey mouse the fith
    FAIL

Not the best browser experience by a long chalk

I used Skyfire for a bit when I had an Arm v6 phone. It was really slow, full of nasty `social` features and toolbars i didnt want and a lot of the video streams either didnt work properly (bbc iplayer, pretty much any video site not on their predefined list) or just informed me `video is not available at your location`.

I really cant express how slow and laggy browsing on it was, It was practically unusable.

When the flash video streaming worked, it was actually pretty good, but even then, I think there was a limit on how much you could watch before it shut you out and the sound would gradually go out of sync with the video.

I suspect all that lag was either due to data mining/snooping or them really skimping on the servers as no other browser I used on that phone lagged and stuttered like that.

Opera demonstrated how to do this the right way (although it doesnt do video) ,was really nippy and rendered the pages nicely. Skyfire was actually painful to use.

This topic is closed for new posts.